- Practice or Institution Name Kal’numet Primary Care Clinic
- City West Vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details Number of patients is approximately 10 to 15 per day
Kal’numet Primary Care Clinic is an Indigenous clinic located on Squamish Nation’s Capilano reserve near Park Royal Shopping Centre. Our model of care incorporates a holistic, fully integrated team approach that is client/patient centered, providing wrap-around holistic care inclusive of both western, traditional and complementary health and wellness approaches. We are urgently looking for a Family Practitioner to join our practice on our 0.7 FTE new to practice PCN contract. The clinic currently operates 5 days a week and comprises of a team of 3 Physicians, 1 Naturopathic Doctor, 1 Nurse Practitioner, 2 Public Health Nurses, 2 MOAs, Traditional Healers, Knowledge Keepers, Elders and a Practice Manager all working to provide culturally aligned and integrated healthcare for our community.
The clinic has roughly 1000 patients attached to its panel and an extensive waitlist of people seeking to have their health care needs met within our clinic. Typically our patient appointments range between 30 and 45 minutes with a large focus geared towards establishing a therapeutic relationship between client and provider. Many of our patients have a high complexity of health care needs and our emphasis is on the delivery of quality care.
Squamish nation is apart of the First Nations and Aboriginal Primary Care Network (FNAPCN) as well as the North Shore Primary Care Network. We are grateful to our partners for the extensive support that networks that are created through both of these PCN’s.
Our VISION: Striving for a Happy, Healthy Squamish Nation and Community
Our MISSION: Providing quality holistic care in a respectful, safe manner to ensure the health and wellness of all people by empowering our community and offering the tools for living in health from birth to end of life.
Kal’numet Primary Care Clinic is in need of a Family Practitioner with a strong interest in First Nations health care who shares our vision and mission. Interested physicians should be experienced in providing Culturally safe and informed medical care.
You should also be able to prescribe OAT or at minimum, ready to quickly step into the funded training currently available to learn how to prescribe OAT. The Kal’numet Primary Care Clinic can help interested physicians walk through the process of becoming an OAT Prescriber.
First nation health and OAT are highly desired
Hold or soon to attain Certification in the College of Family Physicians (CCFP).
Hold or eligible for full license to practice medicine in BC.
Good standing with BC’s College of Physicians and Surgeons.
No hospital privilege’s required.
Get in touch with the recruitment team at the North Shore Divisions of Family Practice today to learn more about this opportunity and to discuss your preferences for other similar opportunities throughout the North Shore, Sea to Sky, and Sunshine Coast region.
- Street address 380 Welch Street
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 380 Welch Street, West Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date April 11, 2022
- Schedule Description Our clinic is open Monday – Friday 830-430. There is flexibility as to how the 0.7FTE schedule looks within our operating hours.
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements We have a rotating roster for on call hours between our providers
- Qualifications First nation health and OAT are highly desired Hold or soon to attain Certification in the College of Family Physicians (CCFP). Hold or eligible for full license to practice medicine in BC. Good standing with BC's College of Physicians and Surgeons. No hospital privilege's required.
- Perks Free parking, opportunity for a hybrid model of telehealth and in person appointments
- EMR Oscar
- Community / Neighbourhood West Vancouver located on Squamish Nation’s Capilano reserve near Parkroyal Shopping Centre
- Compensation Salary
- Payment Terms PCN Contract, terms to be discussed