- Practice or Institution Name Terra Nova Squamish
- City Squamish
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details LFP or FFS available May do telemedicine only if preferred Call duties will depend on if patients are accepted into practice.
Job Title: Family Physician; Flexible opportunities for full and part time. Start your practice in beautiful Squamish!
Location: Garibaldi Highlands, Squamish, BC
Start Date: October 2023
Terra Nova Medical Centre is expanding its team by inviting applications for a Family Physician for our brand-new clinic in Squamish, BC. Located in the beautiful Garibaldi Highlands, we are the only clinic currently hiring in Squamish, providing an unmatched opportunity to be part of our pioneering healthcare team.
Our Centre, co-founded by Dr. Julie Wilson and Dr. Ali Qazalbash in 2015, is driven by the vision of creating an exceptional multi-disciplinary health service. Inspired by expansive healthcare teams they had encountered in Toronto, they aimed to redefine the standard of healthcare in BC. This commitment to continuous quality improvement and excellence has led us to receive the 2021 Business Leadership Award and the 2022 Outstanding Workplace of the Year Award from the Richmond Chamber of Commerce. We’ve fostered a culture of kindness, caring, and long-term professional growth among our team of physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, and practitioners.
- Doctor of Medicine degree and completion of a Family Medicine Residency.
- Active licensure or eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC).
- Flexible working arrangements. We welcome applications from physicians interested in part-time, full-time, or locum positions.
- Competitive overhead split dependent on the level of commitment.
- Competitive bonuses dependent on the level of commitment.
- Extended health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision.
- An opportunity to be part of an award-winning team primarily based in Richmond, BC. You will be completely supported and have access to the clinic’s vast resources, staffing, and coverage.
- Brand new clinic facilities, located next to a pharmacy for a seamless patient experience.
- The unique opportunity to contribute to and shape a new medical team dedicated to serving the Squamish community.
Terra Nova Medical Centre is more than a clinic; it is a community that prioritizes patient care and invests in the growth and wellbeing of its staff. Whether you are a seasoned professional or a physician beginning your practice, we invite you to join us in our endeavor to enhance healthcare in Squamish.
- Street address 1870 Dowad Drive
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 140 – 6011 No. 1 Rd Richmond, BC V7C 1T4
- Start Date November 15, 2023
- Schedule Description Completely flexible depending on your preference. Looking for Locums, Walk-in, Virtual and Permanent GPs. Very flexible with the type of work you would like to do, hours and shifts. Please let me know your preferences. We are open 7 days per week with opening hours between 8am-7pm.
- Location class Rural
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements none
- Qualifications Must be able to work as a Family Physician in British Columbia
- Perks This is a wonderful community practice within very close driving distance to Vancouver (20 minutes from downtown, depending on traffic) in a laid back and friendly environment. We have excellent volumes, even in this COVID 19 environment. You will be able to practice a combination of telemedicine and in person clinic medicine. A Squamish physician gets 3.22% Rural Retention Program bonuses. There are drinks and snacks in the office for any staff or doctor to eat when working. We have MacBook Airs and e-faxing for convenience of practice, Cortico plug in for emailing straight from the EMR confidentially, online booking and a large healthcare team to collaborate with. We are open 7 days per week to cover all patient and scheduling needs. Sun-life Insurance Benefits for all doctors and staff.
- Work Environment This is a brand new clinic next to a pharmacy in the beautiful Garabaldi Highlands in Squamish. At Terra Nova we focus on the quality of lives of our staff and healthcare providers to ensure that everyone lives the kind of life that they dream of. Come join us in beautiful Squamish for an outdoor lifestyle and an excellent work environment
- EMR Juno EMR
- Community / Neighbourhood Nestled between Vancouver and Whistler, Squamish is an exceptional place to live and work. Known as the 'Outdoor Recreation Capital of Canada', it offers a quality of life and natural beauty that are unsurpassed. Squamish is a vibrant and dynamic town, home to a population that values a lifestyle of health, fitness, and nature-oriented activities. With breathtaking views of the coastal mountains and the sparkling waters of Howe Sound, Squamish offers endless opportunities for outdoor adventures, including world-class rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, kite surfing, and more. The town is also a place of cultural richness, with a thriving arts and music scene, and an interesting blend of First Nations heritage and multicultural diversity. The Squamish Nation people, whose history in the region extends back thousands of years, are an integral part of the community, their culture adding to the tapestry that makes Squamish unique. Living in Squamish also means having access to excellent schools, a variety of local shops, restaurants, and cafés, and an array of community events throughout the year. Its convenient location just 45 minutes from downtown Vancouver and a short drive from Whistler provides all the amenities and attractions of the big city and a world-renowned ski resort. For healthcare professionals, working in Squamish means serving a growing community that values wellness and a balanced lifestyle. It's a place where your work will truly make a difference and where the magnificent surroundings will inspire you every day. Discover the lifestyle you have been dreaming of in Squamish, BC.
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration $1200-$1400 per day. Relocation and/or starting bonus depending on the level of commitment The compensation can be based on fee for service or $150/hour whichever works best for you! LFP Locum Payment Model available.
- Payment Terms 7=80/20 for the with $20 000 available dependent on commitment. Join the Terra Nova Team! Extended medical and dental coverage is provided
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Guaranteed minimum of 6 patients hourly.