- Practice or Institution Name trueNorth Medical Centres
- City Kelowna
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
trueNorth Medical is a network of addiction medicine clinics in Canada. trueNorth has over 100 telemedicine clinics in community partner sites including pharmacies, hospitals, community health centers and transitional housing facilities. We work with well established healthcare providers in both rural and urban settings to provide local access to care in locations that patients know and trust.
We operate on a low barrier basis, with walk-in appointments, same day assessment and treatment, with no referral required. All of our services are fully covered by provincial health insurance. We treat individuals for a variety of substance use disorders, including, but not limited to, Opioid Agonist Treatment, treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder, Stimulant Use Disorder, Benzodiazepine Use Disorder and Tobacco Use Disorder.
Our virtual model allows us to pool clinical and administrative resources, meaning that each physician covers multiple clinic locations every day. This enables us to provide more hours of services in more locations. We have community partners in large cities with over 200 patients, alongside partners in remote communities with less than 5 patients. Each location has access to our services for 62 hours per week, over 7 days, regardless of the size of their patient roster.
We’re looking for a part-time physician to join our BC team and provide addiction medicine care via telemedicine.
- Remote work
- Fee for service
- Orientation provided
- Administrative and IT support provided
- Collaborate with community partners in a variety of locations
- Work with leading physicians in the addiction medicine field
- Opportunity to work with a diverse group of patients, including indigenous individuals, newcomers and inner city residents.
- Street address 1160 Sunset Drive, Kelowna
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 1160 Sunset Drive, Kelowna, BC, Canada
- Location class Virtual
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements Optional
- Qualifications Successful applicants will hold a license to practice in British Columbia (BC) from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC). The candidate will have met the requirements of the British Columbia Centre for Substance Use (BCCSU) to provide full scope addiction medicine, including the provision of Opioid Agonist Therapy (OAT).
- Perks Remote work Flexible schedule
- EMR PatientVu
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration $181.22 - $362.40 per hour
- Payment Terms Billing split: 64/36