Great opportunity to join a thriving family practice in Coquitlam, 5 minutes from Royal Columbian Hospital (very near to Hwy 1 so convenient to many cities). Availability of up to 5 days a week, would consider part time position as well (could accommodate one full time and one part-time physician possibly). Low overhead based on the number of days worked per week. Currently 5 long term physicians, efficient long-term staff and near new facilities (5 years). Private office (if full time, shared if part time), 9 exam rooms (typically 2 per physician working). EMR Telus wolf (with likely conversion to Telus Collaborate Health Record/Input Health in the next 12-18 m).
Lots of opportunity with other work opportunities within the area such as primary care obstetrics, long term care, hospitalist.
- Practice or Institution Name Good Health Family Practice
- Street address 1301 Lougheed Highway
- City Coquitlam
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 1301 Lougheed Highway, Coquitlam, BC, Canada
- Schedule Description Given retirement of a partner last year, we have availability of 3-5 days per week. Currently the office is open Mondays-Fridays, 9 am - 5 pm.
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements Approximately 1/5 weekend call (phone calls for urgent matters only) and one evening per week (urgent phone calls).
- Qualifications Licensed to practice in British Columbia by CPSBC
- Perks This is a collegial, friendly group practice with doctors who have been with the practice from 5-30 years. All practices have range of newborns to geriatrics. 3 physicians provide maternity care as well. Two of our physicians were residents in the practice, then long term locums and joined 5 years ago. New grads would be very welcome. Very experienced, stable office staff.
- Work Environment 9 exam rooms, typically 2 per physician working. Private physician offices. Our office staff have been with us for many years, very reliable and helpful.
- EMR Telus Wolf currently (switching to Telus Collaborative Health record likely in Winter 2021)
- Community / Neighbourhood Coquitlam is part of the tricities area (including Port Coquitlam and Port Moody), 30 min from Vancouver. An beautiful area with access to local lakes, rivers and ocean.
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration Fee for service so payment billed by physician. BC is starting to officer PCN FP contracts as well that an individual could look into.
- Payment Terms A joining physician would receive their bilings from MSP and pay their share of overhead as we currently split this based on the number of days worked in the practice. We could discuss a temporary arrangement such as a split while a joining physician was building a practice.