Cambie Village Family Practice is looking for summer locum coverage from June 1st to Aug 31st. We are a multi-physician clinic with a shared care model between 6 family physicians and 1 physician that has a dermatology focused practice. While our patients all have a primary responsible physician, due to part-time schedules there is cross-coverage as well as during physician holidays.
We have a delightful patient population including many patients that live in the neighbourhood, consisting of young families, single professionals, and a smaller proportion who have chronic diseases qualifying for complex care as well as geriatrics. We do not see walk in patients unless they belong to the practice. We are very well supported by 2 excellent MOA staff and an office manager in a warm, friendly and collegial atmosphere between all members of this tight-knit team. The modern clinic space had a brand new rebuild in May 2019.
- Practice or Institution Name Cambie Village Family Practice
- Street address 3029 Cambie Street
- City Vancouver
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 3029 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date June 1, 2021
- End Date August 31, 2021
- Schedule Description Tuesday evening shifts for the month of June: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, from 12pm-8pm Friday June 4, 11, 18, 25 from 8/9am-4pm. July 2, 5, 6, 9, 12, 13, 16, 20, 27, 30 (Tuesdays 12-8pm, other days 8/9am-4pm) August 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31 (Tuesdays 12-8pm, other days 8/9am-4pm)
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements None. The Medical Director is responsible for the after hours pager.
- Qualifications CCFP license, CPSBC license, CMPA coverage
- Perks We are fully set up for skin procedures including biopsies, excisions, electrocautery and curettage, and cryotherapy via cryogun, offering opportunity for private pay skin lesion removals if desired. We have free parking available underground for staff. Mentoring is available for a new graduate as there will usually be a second physician on site to help if needed.
- Work Environment 6 exam rooms are shared between 3 physicians in clinic - during COVID we have reduced to 2 physicians on site with 1 working remotely from home. Currently in office ratio of staff to physicians is 3:2. 1 staff works with 1 physician for the evening shifts between 4:30-7:30. There is a dedicated private physicians' office that is shared.
- EMR Profile by Intrahealth
- Community / Neighbourhood We are so fortunate to be located right in the heart of Cambie Village, just 2 blocks from City Square, close to numerous great restaurants, cafes and shops. Some of these (too many to list) include Vijs' across the street, Tropika next door, Biercraft Bistro, sushi (Shiro, Tokyo John Sushi, Sushi 7), Thai Away Home, Las Tortas, Flying Wedge Pizza, Starbucks, JJ Bean, just to name a few!)
- Compensation Fee for service
- Payment Terms Remuneration is 70-30 for MSP billings and private pay skin procedures; 80-20 for private pay forms, notes and medical legal reports. Payment is twice a month in keeping with the MSP payment calendar.
- Other Details We have a number of references we can pass on including former long term locums, as well as any of the physicians on our team who can attest to their experience at the clinic. We have had the same group of physicians now for over 7 years.