- Practice or Institution Name Vancouver General Hospital
- City Vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details Training will be provided for the selected candidate.
Work as a hospitalist looking after post-op cardiac surgery patients on the acute cardiac ward. We are currently looking for a permanent hospitalist to join our team, working Fridays-Sundays daytime (no call).
Patients are recovering from CABG, valve and aortic surgeries. You will manage patients with multiple co-morbidities along with common post-op complications including: atrial fibrillation, acute kidney injury, delirium, pneumonia, stroke, and heart failure. You will be an integral part of patients’ recovery and path to being discharged.
The candidate would ideally have hospitalist experience. Extra training will be provided to the chosen candidate.
- Street address 855 W. 12 Ave
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 855 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date June 28, 2021
- Schedule Description Fridays to Sundays, 9 hours a day (day time)
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements No call requirements
- Qualifications MD, CCFP
- Perks An interesting mix of acute medicine and procedural skills. At VGH, you will be well-supported and will have access to all specialities if needed. The ward is staffed by an amazing and collegial team of nurses and multi-disciplinary staff.
- Work Environment Acute medical ward in a tertiary center. Work with an amazing multi-disciplinary team while having access to specialties when needed. You will be working with a clinical associate and will split the caseload.
- Community / Neighbourhood Vancouver General Hospital
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration Hospitalist rate of $174.18/hour x 9 hours a day.
- Payment Terms No overhead or administration costs.