Doc-Side Medical is looking for family doctors to join their interdisciplinary team of health care professionals. There is currently a FP, Psychiatrist, Infectious Disease Specialist, and other physicians practicing Addiction Medicine. The patient population serviced by this clinic has a lot of mental illness and addiction cases, with many of the downtown eastside patients being homeless and/or on social assistance. The FP currently at the clinic focuses on Primary Care and Addiction Medicine, and there are usually two to three physicians working at a given time. Any interested FP can choose to establish their own panel of patients focused on general or addiction medicine and service the walk-in portion of the clinic as well. The office features one counselling room, one physician office space, and four to five exam rooms. There is ample staff available to support the daily flow of patient, including one office manager and MOAs. There is free gated parking available for physicians underground, and they are open to both fully and provisionally licensed physicians.
- Practice or Institution Name Doc-side medical clinic (Dr. Gary P. Horvath Inc.)
- Street address 678 East Hastings Street, Suite 100
- City Vancouver
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 678 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date January 13, 2021
- Schedule Description Permanant Physician Needed Clinic Hours: Monday/Wednesday 12pm5pm Tuesday/Thursday 9:30am-5pm Friday 9am-3pm
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- EMR Oscar
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration 70/30
- Other Details Main Duties: Examine patients and take their histories; • Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures and consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' physical and mental health; • Prescribe and administer medications and treatments; • Perform and assist with routine surgery; • Provide emergency care, provide acute care management; • Vaccinate patients to prevent and treat diseases; • Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues; • Perform patient advocacy role, coordinate or manage primary patient care, provide continuous care to patients; • Report births, deaths and diseases to governmental authorities. Requirements: MBChB (Doctor of Medicine) from an accredited medical school listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (with a Canada Note). Be accepted for membership in the College of Family Practitioners of Canada. Be a Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners or a similarly recognized organization. Five years of practicing medicine as a General Practitioner. Requires occupational designation of Medical Doctor - MD or MBChB. Language of work: English Conditions: The general practitioner will be paid on a Fee-for-Service basis. Number of hours per week: The general practitioner will work office hours plus the time necessary to complete patient charts. Estimated weekly total will be 36-40 hours per week. This is a Fee-for-Service position so it is up to the physician as to how many patients can be seen in a day and still practice medicine meeting high quality standards. Employment conditions: Full-time, permanent position We are an equal opportunity employer and invite newcomers, veterans and First Nations to apply to this offer.