The Vancouver Virology Centre is a non-profit charitable organization and a research centre that provides medical services to vulnerable populations, refugees and new comers to Canada. They specialize in infectious diseases, inner city medicine, internal medicine and addiction. VVC uses a multidisciplinary care model, called the “One Stop Shop” for the delivery of healthcare to some of the most marginalized population in the city and are in a dire need of a FP for continuing of care. The clinic has an active research department led by medical physicians, community based researchers, research assistants and volunteers. Onsite social services are provided which include assistance with various paperwork, outreach work, peer –to-peer counselling, and indigenous representation and is also a Telehealth clinic. The office is located in the Burrard Health Centre in the heart of downtown right across from St. Paul’s Hospital. They are looking for full-time or part-time family physicians that are interested in building upon an existing or a new patient panel and partake in clinical research if interested, and are offering an 80/20 split. The office has two modern exam rooms with their own computers, two FP offices, and a mini lab with the option of having their own suite that includes four examination rooms, two offices, one minilab and a kitchenette. There are two MOAs and a clinical manager on staff with volunteers to assist in any task needed. The EMR system Arya will be made available to any interested physician or any EMR of their choosing. Within the Burrard Health Centre there is an onsite Life Labs, imaging services, ECG/Stress test/Holter services, compound pharmacy and emergencies services provided from St. Paul’s Hospital. This is an excellent opportunity for any physician who is looking to start up their own patient panel in an already established and newly renovated space, with autonomous schedule flexibility and a favorable payment structure.
- Practice or Institution Name Downtown Care Centre (Vancouver Virology Centre)
- Street address 302-1160 Burrard St
- City Vancouver
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 1160 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date January 13, 2021
- Schedule Description Permanent Physician Needed! Clinic hours are Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm, however physician hours are autonomous.
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- Perks This is an excellent opportunity for any physician who is looking to start up their own patient panel in an already established and newly renovated space, with autonomous schedule flexibility and a favorable payment structure.
- EMR Arya, or any of your choosing
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration 80/20 billing split
- Other Details For more information on this opportunity, please contact the Vancouver Division of Family Practice today!