- Practice or Institution Name Island Health
- City Port Alberni
- Specialty EMERGENCY MEDICINE
Come provide ER coverage at West Coast General Hospital and bring your family for some West Coast fun!
Island Health is pleased to coordinate a great stay for physicians filling multi-day Emergency Medicine shifts in Port Alberni. Let us coordinate your stay with accommodation and choice of activities. Prefer to kick back and relax? Enjoy the region’s abundant beaches and nature trails to help you unwind. Email us for more information!
URGENT COVERAGE REQUIRED FOR:
- October 1 (1500-2200)
- October 3 (2200-0800)
- October 7 (1500-2200 & 2200-0800)
- October 8 (0800-1500 & 2200-0800)
- October 9 (1500-2200)
- October 12 (1500-2200)
- October 13 (1500-2200 & 2200-0800)
Additional Coverage required throughout October. Inquire for details.
Transportation, travel time and mileage included:
- Airfare or float plane expense reimbursement
- Travel time honorarium (within BC):
- $250 – 2.5 hrs or less return trip
- $500 -2.5 hrs up to 4 hours return trip
- $1000 – 4 hrs to 10 hours return trip
- $1500 – greater than 10 hours
- Paid mileage from your location to the site at $0.68 km
- Meal allowance (while travelling)
If you are a physician with ACLS, ATLS, PALS and Emergency Medicine Experience, and interested in any of the listed shifts please reach out today.
Email: [email protected]
- Country Canada
- Map 1200 Dufferin Crescent, Nanaimo, BC V9S 2B7
- Location class Rural
- Qualifications CCFP-EM or FRCPC OR ACLS, ATLS, PALS and Emergency Medicine Experience
- Community / Neighbourhood Port Alberni, a coastal city with a population of 18,000, is situated in the majestic Alberni Valley surrounded by breathtaking scenery. This temperate valley climate offers an array of year-round outdoor activities. The gateway to the Pacific Rim communities of Tofino & Ucluelet, and Long Beach, the top Canadian surfing destination, Port Alberni enjoys easy access to the best recreational opportunities on Vancouver Island. Port Alberni is now the official “Ultimate Fishing Town” in Canada. All this and world-class skiing on Mt. Washington is only a short drive away! Port Alberni is a family-friendly community with affordable housing and strong public schools. Community spirit abounds and is evident by the abundance of activities for children including programs in: music, dance, gymnastics and all team sports: soccer, baseball, hockey, lacrosse etc. Sproat Lake, located just outside of the city is the ideal location to base your family home. Located within a 60 minute drive from Nanaimo and offering easy access to Vancouver and Victoria, Port Alberni provides access to big-city amenities with all the charm and character of a rural community.
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models