- Practice or Institution Name TELUS Health Care Centre
- City Calgary
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
Recruiting for Full Time and Part Time Family Physicians to see Telus Health Care Centres patients in Calgary and Edmonton.
Hours Monday to Friday 8-5
Compensation Daily Rate plus billings
Who is TELUS Health?
TELUS Health is empowering every person to live their healthiest life. At TELUS Health Care Centres, our programs focus on preventative medicine in our interdisciplinary team approach.
Do you share our passion?
You’ll have the opportunity to help us shape the future of healthcare by focusing on the uniqueness of each individual and delivering improved health experiences for everyone.
Let’s create a healthier future, together
Join our team:
At TELUS Health Care Centres, our physicians provide safe, competent and compassionate care and work very closely with the interdisciplinary team to ensure high quality of care. TELUS Health Care Centres is looking for a family physician to join our dynamic and expanding Personalized Care team in Calgary or Edmonton. You can find out more about our clinic here: https://www.telus.com/en/health/care-centres/locations
The successful candidate will be a passionate and empathetic individual who believes in patient-first care.
- As part of the team you’ll be responsible for the provision of personalized care to the population of patients seen in the clinic.
- Ability to take initiative and foster a preventive medicine mindset; continually look for opportunities to improve the health outcomes for our patients and patients
- Actively engage in Quality Improvement initiatives and Care Centre programs
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Seasoned medical practitioner with a minimum 2-3 years of work experience in a physician role, familiar with and interested in prevention-focused primary care
- Family physician licensed to practice in the province of Alberta
- Licensed with Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- A team player capable of interacting professionally with the care team (nurses, kinesiologists, dieticians) and patients with a positive “just do it” attitude
- Adaptability and flexibility to ensure highest level of service for team and patients
- Compelling communicator: clear, concise and influential in all aspects of communication
- Lifelong learner: dissatisfied with the status quo and continually growing personal capabilities
- For Full-time positions, your patient roster would be approximately 500 patients. The goal is for you to have no more than 10 -12 appointments per day on average so you can deliver the highest quality medical care possible, with ample time for team collaboration and research.
- Experience in private health care delivery would be considered an asset
- Comfortable with technology or the ability and desire to learn (EMR, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite)
What’s in it for you
- Enjoy a great work-life balance
- Generous allotment of time for each patient, giving you the opportunity to provide quality care
- No overhead costs or clinic fees
- You will be part of a community of best in class physicians. Learn, grow and thrive in this amazing national network right at your fingertips
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
We believe in the power of prevention, early detection and timely intervention. This is why we work with every patient to develop personalized health and wellness plans that help deliver the best possible healthcare outcomes. From periodic health assessments to ongoing care programs, our collaborative approach ensures that patients get quality care every step of the way.
The health and safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount to TELUS. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Street address 906 16 Avenue SW suite 301
- Country Canada
- Province/State Alberta
- Map 25 York Street, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Schedule Description Monday to Friday 8-5
- Location class Urban
- Qualifications Licensed or Eligible for a license in Alberta