- Practice or Institution Name Harrison Healthcare
- City Vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details Harrison Healthcare offers exceptional income and professional satisfaction for locum and part-time physicians interested in practicing comprehensive healthcare in a team-based setting. Harrison operates state-of-the art facilities, created by recognized leaders in prevention-focused, collaborative medicine. In 2005 they designed one of the first true, inter-professional healthcare organizations, one that earned Deloitte’s prestigious Canada’s Best Managed Company award in multiple years, and Waterstone Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture award.
Harrison Healthcare offers locum and part-time physicians $800 per day plus 100% of all provincial healthcare billings with no overhead costs. How is this possible? Harrison provides advanced prevention-oriented care that is delivered by an integrated team of professionals that includes nurse practitioners, registered nurses, registered dietitians, exercise physiologists, mental health counsellors, lab technicians and others. We practice true collaboration—not co-location. Assessment and care protocols are guided by the latest thinking in evidence-based medical science. Our team physicians provide consultative and non-insured services to co-workers and clients, and we compensate them accordingly from the annual fees that clients pay for uninsured and non-physician services.
We are looking for outstanding, personable family physicians with strong collaboration skills. Apart from our generous compensation package, Harrison provides an exceptional work environment with a strong culture of compassion, innovation and excellence. Although qualifications, training and experience are very important to us, we place a high value on exceptional personal attributes. Our team is as eager to learn, as we are willing to mentor. Please send your CV to us or visit us at harrisonhealthcare.ca/careers/physicians.
- Street address Suite 500 - 1280 Burrard Street
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map Suite 500-1280 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Z1
- Start Date February 1, 2023
- Schedule Description Monday to Friday, business hours with a flexible 2-4 day work week.
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements On-call rotation (optional) is currently one week, every 6-8 weeks.
- Qualifications Physicians must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia or Alberta (CPSBC or the College).
- Perks Although Harrison attracts patients that sometimes require complex care, roster sizes are small (less than 400 patients per FTE physician). Given that our focus is on prediction, prevention and early detection, the result is a nicely balanced practice. Harrison offers exceptional compensation, no overhead costs, high staff-to-physician ratio, beautiful facilities with in-house laboratory, state-of-the-art equipment, in-house technology development, a balanced lifestyle, and unparalleled professional satisfaction.
- Work Environment Harrison is driven by the values of compassion, innovation, and overall excellence. Our compassion is not only directed to patients, but to our team members and the community. This creates an exceptional work environment. Our teams are given the space and time to bring new ideas to the organization, and the opportunity to contribute to the development of concepts and technologies designed to make a difference in healthcare. High standards in the skills and attributes of our staff drives excellence in outcomes that are highly respected in the community.
- EMR Arya
- Community / Neighbourhood Our flagship clinics are conveniently and centrally located in downtown Vancouver and Calgary.
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration Approximately $450,000 on a FTE basis with no overhead. Breakdown is $800 per day plus 100% of provincial billings.
- Payment Terms Per Diem is paid within 5 business days after monthly invoicing. Provincial billings as per standard government policy. There are no billing splits or overhead costs.
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Harrison offers a moving allowance for extra-provincial physicians, and generous additional compensation for on-call rotations.