As a Babylon Physician, you’ll have the opportunity to lead Canada in pioneering a “digital-first”, shared-care model of primary care, starting in Victoria, BC.
You’ll blend work-from-home, seeing patients across BC by video, with in-person care in our modern downtown Victoria clinic. You’ll provide care both to patients with episodic needs as well as patients who we’ll see longitudinally as part of our multi-disciplinary practice.
Babylon Health recognizes that BC is experiencing a province-wide shortage of longitudinal primary care, and that this shortage is specifically acute in Victoria. We are aiming to provide an innovative solution through understanding and valuing the power of collaborative, team-based care and positive relationship-building with our patients. We understand that while longitudinal relationships are best for patients, they also have the potential to be onerous on physicians; there are challenges and obstacles that come with family practice and continuity of care. At Babylon, we aim to alleviate this challenge for our doctors, through providing flexibility in working conditions, like-minded colleagues and less paperwork.
- Practice or Institution Name Babylon by TELUS Health
- Street address 557 Superior St #101, Victoria, BC V8V 4R7
- City Vancouver
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 510 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3 Vancouver
- Schedule Description Ideally 2.5 days per week (2 in clinic and a .5 days remote)
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements There is no on-call or after hour requirements
- Qualifications -You need to be a registered Family Physician eligible to work in BC -Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC) -Certificant of the College of Family Physicians (CCFP) -Membership of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) -Comfortable with mobile technology (video calling), or the ability and desire to learn!
- Perks We offer a salaried hourly rate, no matter how many patients you see. We offer extended health benefits, or a health spending account, to all of our physicians – your health matters to us, as much as our patients’. We’re an established global service, with operations in the UK, US, Rwanda, Asia and the Middle East. We combine artificial intelligence with telemedicine to help support our doctors and patients, and improve the efficiency of physician consultations. We provide a full training program and a supportive environment to help improve your video consultation skills, including ongoing appraisals and peer reviews. There’s hardly any paperwork – you have a Clinical Operations team to handle all of the administrative aspects of your consult.
- Work Environment You will be working in the clinic alongside our expert MOAs and Clinical Operations team members. They will ensure that all follow-up and administration is not only taken care of, but taken off of your plate so that your time is freed up to provide care to patients. Our broader Physician team is also a message away via our Slack support channel should you need any extra support on-site.
- EMR We use a proprietary Babylon EMR and provide full training to our clinical team.
- Community / Neighbourhood Downtown Victoria BC
- Compensation Salary
- Estimated Remuneration Our salaried hourly rate in BC ranges from $120 - $145/hour depending on the time of day or if you work on the weekend.
- Payment Terms There is no overhead, splits, or fees.