- Practice or Institution Name Elicare: Lougheed Family Practice / Walk-In Clinic
- City Burnaby
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details TELEMEDICINE: Available for family practice or walk-in shifts (We use an app so you can mask your cell phone number if you need to call patients from home). ONLINE BOOKINGS: Available
LOCATION Lougheed family practice is located at Lougheed Plaza, beside Lougheed Mall in Burnaby. This area is dominated by a busy mall and a Skytrain intersection. With plans for 23 new highrises to be built before 2020, and the influx of 30,000 new residents to the area, The City of Lougheed offers prime real estate investment opportunities. The practice is located in a recently renovated medical professional building on the second floor.
THE PRACTICE: Taking over a physician’s patients. The family practice is renovated in 2015 to suit a 4 family physician practice. Currently, 4 family physicians work in the practice, three of whom are full-time. The practice is bilingual with a mix of English and Chinese-speaking patients. There is also Mandarin and Cantonese medical office assistants to support the bilingual practice. One physician is moving at the end of the year, the clinic is looking for someone to transfer some of the patients seen in the practice, preferably someone who is able to offer continued care to the Chinese patients. The clinic also has an ongoing waitlist of patients who can be transferred to the new doctor. In total, about 2300 patients are on the roster. There are a total of 6 exam rooms for 3 family physicians. The clinic also runs a 3 exam room walk-in clinic on the first floor which sees daily 40 patients. The walk-in clinic can refer patients to your practice if you wish when they identify patients without a suitable physician. The walk-in clinic shares EMR with the family practice and is thus able to cover for family physicians during absences and holidays.
- Street address 9618 Cameron
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 282-9600 Cameron St. Burnaby,
- Start Date June 15, 2022
- Schedule Description The practice runs Monday - Saturday where some physicians opt for a Tuesday - Saturday schedule or a Monday - Friday schedule, generally from 9AM-5:30PM.
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements none
- Qualifications Good standing with College. Member of CMPA. Licensed to practice in BC. CCFP/equivalent.
- Perks Parking paid by clinic. Free parking for patient/patrons of the mall. Waitlist Roster, charts are pre-pared by previous physician (practice take-over). PERKS: For full-time doctors, there is a free extended health benefits plan for the individual or for his/her family that includes dental, vision, and health.
- Work Environment 2 examination rooms and offices. Computer, internet, and printer in each room. STAFF: There are on-site staff members in charge of patients and off-site staff members who manage phones and faxes for OSCAR EMR.
- EMR OSCAR EMR, highspeed internet.
- Community / Neighbourhood Lougheed Mall. Lougheed Skytrain (station) Evergreen Line Skytrain (station). 10 minutes to Brentwood Mall 45 minutes to Downtown Vancouver.
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration REMUNERATION MSP cheques are sent to physicians on a semimonthly basis. All transaction records are available for physician access at all times.
- Payment Terms MSP Billings 75/25 Private Billings: 80/20
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums VACATION: The clinic generally needs a 1-month notice for longer vacations (2 weeks +) but is flexible. Most physicians cover for each other.