- Practice or Institution Name Spring Medical Centre
- City Burnaby
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
Specialty: Family Practice /Walk in available
Employment: Part Time or Full Time [0.4 FTE – 1.0 FTE]
Location: Spring Medical Centre
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or equivalent
- Current College of Physicians of BC (CPSBC) License (Full) and in good standing
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Membership and Certification in Canadian College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
Spring Medical Centre puts patients and their family’s health first. We are committed to empowering patients with care that results in improved health outcomes. Located in Brentwood area in Burnaby, BC, in a busy place boasting a variety of recreational facilities, shops, restaurants, groceries, and other businesses. It is close to new residential developments and established neighbourhoods makes this an ideal and affordable location to raise a young family in the lower mainland.
The location is a multi-disciplinary and multi-physician clinic with a very collegiate atmosphere and a physician-focused MOA support team. The clinic also provides virtual and telehealth options which can be accessed at home.
The ideal physician would be in a position to provide either walk-in shifts or a full-scope family practice ( either full-time or part-time). The Spring medical team will work closely with you to ensure there is a smooth transition of the practice. You can expect flexible hours and would be masters of your own schedule. You will have the opportunity to work the way you want!
Average Monthly Overhead Agreement: Billing Split – 70/30* (Fee for Service)
*The financial agreement in the clinic is coordinated with the Director of Recruitment.
- Access to 2 exam rooms during shifts, clinic has 10 exam rooms
- Pharmacy next door
- Shared office space
- OSCAR EMR
Flexible! Walk-in Available. The clinic opens from 8am Mon to Fri & from 9am on Sat and Sun. The new physician will work out a schedule with the clinic.
*No strict policy around time off
Hospital and ER Dept shifts:
These are not part of the expectation of our community or clinic.
Allied health such as: Physiotherapy, Chiropractor, RMT, Acupuncturist, Counseling, Dietitian, Active Rehab, Holter and ECG services, Sleep apnea testing.
Clinic is also connected to the pharmacy for patients’ convenience.
On Call Arrangement:
- To be discussed.
The clinic currently has 9 physicians working part-time and full-time, as well as an office manager and MOA’s who can all help with the transition process.
The Clinic is currently using OSCAR EMR. There are no paper charts associated with the practice
Perquisites (Perks) @ Spring:
- Virtual Health Platform to expand your practice
- Multiple major pharmacies
- Variety of shops, salons, and restaurants
IMGs eligible for provisional licenses to practice family medicine are welcome to apply!
- Potential equity-based incentives for physicians to migrate their practice into our network
- Spring will support transferring patient records, training on EMR, assist with EMR migration costs, and will often address financial obligations the physician may encounter as a part of moving their practice.
- We regularly have physicians that need to take extended time off. For physicians or locums providing extended coverage, Spring will provide competitive terms and often further incentivize them to join Spring temporarily or in a full-time capacity.
- Work with a highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary team of professionals and specialists.
- Physician-focused management team
- Tools and technology designed to empower and support physicians. A concierge-style e-booking system streamlines the way patients connect with physicians.
- You will have access to Virtual Care solution (virtualclinics.ca) which can be used while in clinic or from your own home. We offer the newest digital tools, including virtual care, to help with patient care and accessibility. You will be provided with the flexibility of creating your own workflow, whether in a clinic or from home.
- Support from dedicated teams covering IT, EMR software, billing, admin and the virtual platform (virtualclinics.ca). We offer free training. You also have support from our Physician Success Team who are your advisor/advocate to ensure a positive experience within the network. The team works alongside you as you build your practice or take over an existing patient panel.
– Hold or eligible for Certification in the College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
– Hold or eligible for full license to practice medicine in BC
– Good standing with BC’s College of Physicians and Surgeons
– Provisional license eligible applicants are welcome to apply
- Street address 4453 Lougheed Highway
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 4453 Lougheed Highway, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- Schedule Description Flexible! Walk-in Available. The clinic opens from 8am Mon to Fri & from 9am on Sat and Sun. The new physician will work out a schedule with the clinic. *No strict policy around time off
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements N/A
- Qualifications - Hold or eligible for Certification in the College of Family Physicians (CCFP) - Hold or eligible for full license to practice medicine in BC - Good standing with BC's College of Physicians and Surgeons - Provisional license eligible applicants are welcome to apply
- Work Environment The location is a multi-disciplinary and multi-physician clinic with a very collegiate atmosphere and a physician-focused MOA support team. The clinic also provides virtual and telehealth options which can be accessed at home. You will be also working with Allied health team such as: Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, RMT, Acupuncturist, Counsellors, Dietitian, Active Rehab etc...
- EMR Oscar EMR
- Community / Neighbourhood This clinic has many amenities nearby such as several major pharmacies, LifeLabs, Burnaby Hospital, Brentwood mall, Whole Foods and a variety of shops and restaurants all within short walking distance.
- Compensation Fee for service
- Payment Terms Financials: Average Monthly Overhead Agreement: Billing Split – 70/30* (Fee for Service) *The financial agreement in the clinic is coordinated with the Director of Recruitment.