- Practice or Institution Name Vancouver Family Practice
- City Vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
We are looking for a family doctor who has a special interest in cancer care, to cover a small panel of cancer survivors. Estimated time of locum is 3-6 months while BCCAN recruits a new NP for this position. This practice has been lovingly grown by an NP for 10 years, looking after complex cancer patients in a family practice setting, working alongside another BCCAN NP with a similar practice, and 9 MD family practices in a collegial environment. The total number of sessions and schedule are flexible but we are hoping for a minimum of 3 sessions per week.
There is potential to have a longterm position and to grow the practice if you are interested. There is also an option to practice share if you prefer to grow this into a full time practice.
Dates June 6 – Dec 1 2023
- Street address 555 W 12th Suite 301
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 301-555 W 12th Ave Vancouver, BC V5Z 3X7
- Start Date June 1, 2023
- End Date December 31, 2023
- Schedule Description In person clinics are 9-12 or 1-4, and remote clinic schedules are up to you. Patients are booked every 15 minutes or longer if needed. We are looking for 2-3 in person clinics per week and another 2-3 telehealth clinics as well. If you are only able to do a small portion of that we would be happy to consider that!
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements None
- Qualifications CPSBC license required.
- Perks This is a unique practice made up largely of cancer survivors, who have been followed since they completed cancer treatment, and seen for all issues relating to family practice. You have excellent access to BCCAN oncologists if needed, who are following these patients for their cancer care. GPO training is not required. While this practice is supported by BCCAN it is situated within a medium sized family practice setting, run by 2 family doctors who also practice in the same clinic.
- Work Environment Join our chill and supportive group, in a newly renovated space, full of windows and light. We have a high MOA/MD ratio giving you excellent support both for clinical and administrative work. The 2 owner/directors are also family doctors in this clinic so have skin in the game. Our goal is to create a workplace where everyone loves coming to work, where we support each other to provide excellent patient-centred care. We have a signal group to allow for quick messages on clinical or operational questions as they arise. If you have an interest in teaching, we also support learners, mainly residents. Our locums tend to come back, or have regular intermittent gigs for years, and many of our associates were once residents or locums. We would love to have you join us. We have other opportunities available, and are interested in helping you create your dream practice with us.
- EMR Telus CHR
- Community / Neighbourhood Located in an office tower above City Square shopping centre, there is a food court with bright windows and beautiful greenery open daily, in a unique setting with restored heritage building facades located inside. For sunny days there is outdoor seating with views overlooking the city and Burrard Inlet in the distance. We are conveniently located near the Broadway sky train station at Granville St, and in the VGH hospital zone. There is ample underground parking available, and outdoor bike racks near the grocery store. 301-555 W 12th Avenue, Vancouver BC.
- Compensation Sessional
- Estimated Remuneration Locum coverage is paid per session at $500/session in June, increasing to $550/session July 1. A session is 3 hours of clinical work plus the admin time needed to complete notes, messages and inbox work. This is typically a total of 3.5 to 4 hours depending on your practice style. Patients are booked every 15 - 30 minutes. The clinic is funded by Population Based Funding through MSP, which is blended capitation based on complexity. For anyone interested in a longer term practice or practice share, this is an excellent way to adequately remunerate complexity, not found in FFS nor the new LFP funding, allowing for a smaller but more complex practice.
- Payment Terms Locum pay per session, regardless of the number of appointments, which are booked every 15-30 minutes. Paid weekly with gratitude at a rate of 500/session in June and 550/session July 1 thereafter.
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Locum payment is guaranteed regardless of volume of patients, so no need to worry if your schedule is not booked fully.