- Practice or Institution Name West Coast Family Medical Clinic
- City Sooke
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
Community family practice with a collegial, supportive group of 9 docs and 1 NP. Practice size is ~1100, a nice blend of young families and older patients. No maternity or hospital patients; hours are very flexible. Our office is modern and efficient and is well appointed for both virtual and in-person visits; of course virtual visits can also be done from outside of the office as well. EMR is MedAccess.
There is excellent support in-office from a wonderful office manager, a strong group of MOAs, 3 RNs, 1 social worker, and 1 registered dietician. RNs can see patients for BP checks, paps, ROS, injections, ear flushing, chronic disease education, etc.
Call is from home and is very light, this entails being available by phone for our LTC and palliative patients 1:14 – frequently there are no calls at all. Our clinic is set up for minor procedures if you choose, including biopsies/excisions, IUD insertion, nexplanon insertion, endometrial biopsies, etc – these are optional and can also be referred.
Looking for coverage from January 2022 through the end of May, or any portion thereof.
- Street address 1300-6660 Sooke Rd, Sooke, BC V9Z 0A4
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 1300-6660 Sooke Rd, Sooke, BC V9Z 0A4, Canada
- Start Date January 3, 2022
- End Date June 3, 2022
- Schedule Description Schedule and hours are very flexible, office is open 7:30-17:00. I currently work Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri, but again, this is flexible.
- Location class Rural
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements Phone call from home is very light, this entails being available for our LTC and palliative patients 1:14 - frequently there are no calls at all.
- Qualifications No hospital privileges required.
- Work Environment Fun, collegial clinic environment - we often have medical students and residents, so very supportive of new grads. The office is very well run with an excellent team of experienced MOAs. We take advantage of online booking and are adding self check-in for increased efficiency.
- EMR MedAccess
- Community / Neighbourhood Sooke is a small waterfront town at the southern tip of Vancouver Island with a population just over 13,000. Local activities include camping, kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, surfing, backcountry skiing/snowmobiling, whale-watching, fishing, etc. We are just over half an hour away from a tertiary care hospital and specialist support. Many of the docs in our clinic live in Victoria, which is a vibrant city with lots to do.
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration Billings are usually $1300-$1800 daily.
- Payment Terms 75/25 overhead split, 90/10 for private billings (optional private COVID swabs for travel, this is lucrative)