POSITION TITLE: General Practice Physician
LOCATION: Burnaby, BC
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
Full and Part-time Family Practice Practice Opportunity in a Multi-disciplinary Environment
A great opportunity for a full time/part-time family physicians to start as soon as possible. PolyCan Health Centre is dedicated to providing excellent healthcare to the community of students, faculty, staff of Simon Fraser University and those living and working on Burnaby Mountain. The City of Burnaby and the Burnaby Mountain community will have access to multidisciplinary services in family health care & walk-in care, women’s health, sports medicine, rehabilitation including physiotherapy, registered massage therapy and chiropractic, and preventative care.
Bright offices, user-friendly EMR, excellent remuneration, and a very competitive fee split and knowledgeable MOAs to provide ongoing support.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited school of medicine for M.D. (Doctor of Medicine).
- Two years clinical experience in primary care preferred.
- Experience working with patients of varying ethnicities, socioeconomic levels, and cultures is a plus.
- Experience working with patients with complex comorbidities including hypertension, diabetes, mental illness, chronic pain, and substance abuse a plus.
- Experience using electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Specialized Skills & Knowledge:
- Full scope of adult and/or pediatric primary care.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally & in writing, with all levels of staff and patients.
- Ability to keep customer service and the mission of the organization in mind when interacting with clients, co-workers, and others, promoting a positive image for PCHC and fostering an ethical work environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with medical information and conform to CPSBC regulations.
- Practice or Institution Name PolyCan Health Centre
- Street address 9055 University High Street
- City Burnaby
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map Unit 102 - 9055 University High Street Burnaby British Columbia, Canada V5A1S6
- Start Date June 1, 2021
- Schedule Description Looking for both part-time and full-time practitioner to join our team, flexible on schedule.
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- Qualifications Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC) Membership of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Perks Administrative support Free Parking
- Work Environment Multidisciplinary Clinic
- EMR Juno EMR
- Community / Neighbourhood Burnaby Mountain is home to the UniverCity community with over 5,000 residents and growing. It is also the main hub of Simon Fraser University which is one of the top comprehensive universities in Canada. The UniverCity community is comprised of four distinct neighborhoods: West Highlands, East Highlands, the Slopes and High Street. West Highlands offers dramatic views of Burrard Inlet and the North Shore mountains. East Highlands is easy walking distance to SFU, transit and the many shops and services of High Street. The High Street neighborhood is at the centre of activity where shopping, restaurants, services, daycare and the elementary school are just a few steps away. The Slopes is a terraced family orientated community where residents can enjoy spectacular views of southern Vancouver Island to Mount Baker in Washington State.
- Compensation Fee for service
- Payment Terms Generally 70/30 split, can vary based on experience.