- Practice or Institution Name Cedar House Birth Collective
- City Courtenay
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
Cedar House Birth Collective is a family practice – midwifery collaborative maternity care practice located in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. We are a group of family physicians and midwives who have joined together to provide pregnancy, birth, and newborn care up until 6 weeks postpartum.
We are 8 providers, 4 midwifes and 4 family physicians, who are patient centred and passionate about maternity care. We are looking for locum coverage for two family physicians starting May 2023 until approximately June 2024. Dates are flexible but we are hoping to find one locum to cover both GPs at a time and who is able to cover at least a 2 months stint. So if you have been wanting to spend some time in the Comox Valley while providing maternity care (or if you already live her and would like to work in a maternity collaborative), if even for 2-3 months, then this could be for you!
Check out our website: https://www.cedarhousebirthcollective.com/ and meet our team!
- Street address 2456 Rosewall Crescent #103
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 2456 Rosewall Crescent #103, Courtenay, BC V9N 8R9
- Start Date May 1, 2023
- End Date June 1, 2024
- Schedule Description Ideally, each provider works at least one half day of maternity focused clinic a week with longer visits (30 min) to accommodate complexity and provides on call services at Comox Valley Hospital for at least one 12 hour shift per week and one weekend per month. If you are covering this locum that would translate to roughly two half days of clinic and 2x12 hour call shifts a week. This is flexible depending on the locum's schedule and availability. There would be an opportunity for working more clinic or call if desired. There is also the option to do one day a week (Friday) of sessional outreach addiction work for Vancouver Island Health Authority if this is something you are interested in.
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements See schedule description, call is mandatory. Call: 8am-8pm or 8pm to 8am, 24 h on weekends
- Qualifications Privileging: Comox Valley Hospital, we can help you navigate this Qualifications: Current College of Physicians of BC (CPSBC) License - Full Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) - Mandatory
- Perks We have a very well run office with a collegial team. We have the benefit of collaborative care with midwives and are therefore able to provide prenatal and post-partum classes as well as home visits as part of our service. We always have a second support on call so you are never alone, this would be a very supportive environment for a new grad.
- EMR Oscar/Juno
- Community / Neighbourhood Our clinic is located in the vibrant neighbourhood of Tin Town in the heart of the Comox Valley. Tin town boasts organic bakeries, local coffee shops, personal trainers, doggy day care and a host of other local businesses. Comox Valley on a whole has all the amenities you could hope for while being nestled between the ocean and a great skiing mountain. There are more trails than you could ever use, great parks, mountain biking paths, rivers and lakes. The airport is also highly reliable.
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration Approx. $200,000 per year (additional if you choose to take on the addiction outreach work as well)
- Payment Terms Fee for service and pooled billing (no matter how quiet your call shift is you get paid). Renumeration per call shift/clinic shift is currently being determined, please contact us for further information. Overhead is negotiable For the one day a week addiction outreach work the pay is sessional without overhead and subject to increase April 1 (current rate $174/hr)
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums There will be a minimum payment per call shift, this amount is currently being determined and will be re-evaluated on a regular basis to reflect our volume.