This position is a 0.4-0.6 FTE sub-contract to cover an MD’s leave of absence. Heatley CHC is a family practice made up of an interdisciplinary team of medical professionals that offer a variety of health and social services in the Downtown East Side including primary care, mental health and addiction services, harm reduction, and specialized care. This group practice consists of 7 MDs and 1 NP, with 4-5 working at a given time. The team also consists of clinical support clerks, RNs and LPNs, peer workers, social workers and counselors. Remuneration is in the form of clinical service subcontract at a generous hourly rate of $172.60!! The clinic is easily accessible by transit and there is access to parking in nearby neighbourhoods. There are a total of 5 exam rooms and any interested care provider would have access to 1 office/exam room during their shift. The average number of patients per day is 10-12, some visits via virtual care. Each half day includes 30 minutes of paid administrative time. There are two requirements: phone on-call duty 1-2 weeks per year and 1-2 weekend shifts per year. This is a VCH CHC and credentialing is required.
Locum Needs: Locum/subcontract coverage September 1 st 2021 – Aug 31 st 2022, partial coverage (for example, 2- 6 month positions would be considered, please get in touch)
- Practice or Institution Name Heatley Community Health Centre
- Street address 30 Heatley Ave
- City Vancouver
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 30 Heatley Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Schedule Description September 1st, 2020 - August 31, 2022 0.4-0.6 FTE, days and times of the week flexible
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- EMR IntraHealth (Profile)
- Compensation Sessional
- Estimated Remuneration Sessional (hourly rate of $172.60)
- Other Details For more information contact the Vancouver Division of Family Practice today!