Ideal hospitalist work…interesting & diverse patients, great colleagues, in a tertiary hospital…with a community hospital feel. The shifts available are mainly evenings and nights. Your responsibilities include doing admissions and attending to ward issues. In the ER, we admit a variety of patients of varying complexity and acuity. You will also be responsible for admitting patients to the ward who are released from the critical care unit, responding to ward calls and attending to acute issues on the ward for our patients where needed.
If you are interested in a part-time/full-time line, you will be responsible for a share of days, evenings, nights and weekends. All people in the program get their shifts equally from a 19-week revolving schedule template. There is lots of time off built-in. There is certainly an opportunity to trade shifts with colleagues and pick up extra.
- Practice or Institution Name Royal Columbian Hospital
- Street address 330 E Columbia St
- City New Westminster
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 330 E Columbia St, New Westminster, BC V3L 3W7
- Start Date May 27, 2021
- Schedule Description The most common shifts available are: -"LL3". An evening shift that starts at 3pm and ends at 9pm. Admissions and ward issues management -"LL5". An evening shift that starts at 5pm and ends at 11pm. Admissions only. -"Nite". 9pm to 7am in house for admissions and ward issues management --Day shifts will occasionally be made available to temporary shifts workers 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements When your shift is over, you sign off to the next person coming on shift, resulting in no ongoing after-shift responsibility
- Qualifications We are looking for keen and qualified physicians to join our team at the Royal Columbian Hospitalist Program. An ideal candidate is comfortable with hospital medicine and demonstrates competency in managing acute care inpatients.
- Perks We have a great relationship with our ER, ICU and specialist colleagues. You will find our program well organized. The evening and overnight shifts are armed by the daytime hospitalists with anticipatory guidance for any medical issues that are reasonably expected to arise. Our ward patients are thoroughly managed during daytime hours for medical care and anticipatory communication with specialist colleagues and/or with family where needed. Charts are standardized with high-quality notes and summaries on all of our patients. We also value clarifying goals of care on most all of our patients well in advance. All of this will enhance your ability to provide great patient care during your shift.
- Work Environment A tertiary care hospital with great subspecialist support. Our program started in 2001. We train family medicine residents and R3 hospitalist trainees.
- EMR Meditech
- Community / Neighbourhood We are a community-feel hospital with tertiary support! We have great views of the Fraser River and SFU mountain. The hospital is on the Skytrain line, and just off Hwy 1. If you come from Vancouver, you are against traffic, so commuting is easy! There is an increasing number of cafes and restaurants nearby.
- Compensation Sessional
- Estimated Remuneration Evening shifts are $1100+ for 5-6 hours on site Night shifts are $2200+ for 9pm to 7am on site Day shifts are $1400 + for 7:30 to 5:30pm
- Payment Terms We are on a service contract with Fraser Health. All Fraser Health hospitalist have the same hourly rate. Within our program we have adjusted the pay slightly to enhance pay to the nights, weekends and evenings. This was an internal program decision from which you will benefit!
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums You are paid an hourly wage, guaranteed
- Other Details Night and evening shifts are flexible and claimed on a first come first serve basis when they become available. You select any available shift that suits you. These shifts are perfect for those who are doing other work and want to ensure they keep up their acute care skills!