- Practice or Institution Name Peterborough Regional Health Centre
- City Peterborough
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) is growing the Hospitalist Program and recruiting Full, Part Time and Locum Hospitalists (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine trained) to join our wonderful team!
· Hospitalists are responsible for covering approx. 20 patients per day from acute medical/surgical and rehab/ALC patients.
· Hospitalists are well supported by specialty colleagues. Intensivists and Cardiologists support the ICU/Telemetry Units.
· Competitive daily stipend, HOCC for after hours call and fee for service billings.
· Collaborative and collegial team with mentorship provided.
· Comprehensive team-based approach, including support from NPs and allied health.
PRHC is a regional hospital delivering acute healthcare to a rapidly growing population of more than 300,000 in Peterborough and the surrounding communities, including the First Nations of Curve Lake, Alderville and Hiawatha. Our hospital is centrally located only 1.5 hours from Toronto and 2.5 hours drive from Ottawa.
On site specialties include:
Anesthesia, Diagnostic Imaging including Interventional Radiology, Emergency Medicine, Pathology, OBS/GYN, Pediatrics and Psychiatry;
Family Medicine (Palliative Care, Hospitalists and Sub Acute);
Medicine (Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, Hematology, Infectious Disease, Intensivists, Nephrology, Neurology, Oncology, Respirology);
Surgery (Dentistry, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Plastics, Urology and Vascular).
Interested individuals should forward their curriculum vitae or inquiries to:
Julie Tataryn, Medical Affairs, PRHC
PRHC is an accessible workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our programs and services, please visit our website at: www.prhc.on.ca
- Street address 1 Hospital Drive
- Country Canada
- Province/State Ontario
- Map 1 Hospital Drive Peterborough ON K9J 7C6
- Location class Rural
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements Yes on site on call required. A room is made available to stay onsite within the hospital after hours.
- Qualifications Currently registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Fellow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or Certification from the College of Family Physician of Canada
- EMR Epic
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models