- Practice or Institution Name Island Health
- City Nanaimo
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
The Nanaimo Hospitalists team are looking for Locums as well as FT and PT scheduled physicians to join our department. We are a very collegial group of ~25 physicians with diverse backgrounds who share a commitment to our team, with a strong emphasis on work life balance. Whether you are a mountain biker, gardener, dog lover, dancer, skier, musician or hiker you will find like-minded individuals to show you the hidden gems Nanaimo has to offer. Many of our hospitalists have young families and you’ll find Nanaimo to be a great sized town to raise kids with affordable living and all of the amenities you need, without the traffic you do not.
Like all aspects of medicine, some days can be demanding and the patient load and complexity challenging. Our group is MRP for the majority of patients at Nanaimo General Regional Hospital. We are all continuously learning from our peers and colleagues, which makes for very interesting, collaborative and stimulating work. We pride ourselves on the supportive environment we have created with great specialist relations and by stepping up to help each other whenever it is needed. This makes those challenging days manageable and more rewarding as you feel that you are truly a valued member of the team.
Our scheduling offers great flexibility with shifts assigned months in advance to allow ample time to plan for your and your family’s needs. Most of our shifts are weekday hours but we do have weekend and evening shifts built in to our schedule. The shifts are generally in a block format of 5-7 consecutive days but we also have single days as well as shorter blocks of shifts available. In case you have never heard of Nanaimo, this a perfect time to come check it out and see what our program has to offer. We currently have travel and accommodation funding available for Locum shifts. We offer a robust orientation and computer training as well as two fully paid training shifts to get to know our hospital and system without an expectation to see any number of patients.
In fact, come visit our team and we will even throw in a Nanaimo bar…to sweeten the deal!
To find out more about this opportunity, and if you are eligible for locum travel costs, and/or site visit expenses contact Darsey Batchelor at [email protected]
Hospitalist (200-1185) | Medical Staff (islandhealth.ca)
- Street address 1200 Dufferin Crescent
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 1200 Dufferin Crescent, Nanaimo, BC V9S 2B7
- Location class Urban
- Qualifications CCFP Full licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC) ACLS
- Community / Neighbourhood Nanaimo, population 90,000, is a growing and vibrant urban centre situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island, approximately 100 kilometers north of Victoria and offers excellent access via commercial flights, float plane or ferry to Vancouver. The community offers a wider variety of cultural and educational opportunities including the 800-seat waterfront Port Theatre, the Vancouver Island University and is adjacent renowned private schools. Nanaimo is the outdoor enthusiasts' paradise, providing year round access to a wide array of recreational activities including kayaking, kite boarding, wind surfing, mountain biking, hiking, running, and golfing. Nearby Mount Washington frequently boasts the deepest snow pack in North America and has excellent downhill skiing, snowboarding and cross-country skiing.
- Payment Terms Service Contract with hourly wage.
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Travel funding, meals and accommodation available.