- Practice or Institution Name Royal Columbian Hospital
- City New Westminster
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details Redevelopment Project The Royal Columbian Hospital redevelopment is a multi-year, multi-phase project to increase the hospital's capacity, beds and services. Phase one is complete and includes a new 75-bed mental health and substance use wellness centre with more outpatient clinics. Phase two has been approved and adds an acute care tower with more beds for intensive care, cardiac intensive care, obstetrics, medical and surgical beds and a new larger emergency department. Learn about the detailed services offered at this site.
Fraser Health is seeking physicians interested in working in our Hospital Medicine program at Royal Columbian Hospital. Applicants should have an interest in developing an acute care tertiary hospital practice and working collaboratively with all members of the inter-professional team.
Primary responsibilities include: admission and management of “unattached” patients as the Most Responsible Physician (MRP), as well as supportive care for some surgical and specialty medical patients.
As Royal Columbian Hospital is a tertiary care centre, a successful candidate should be proficient in managing complex medical patients, including but not limited to neurosurgical patients, vascular patients, and those requiring interventional radiology. This job requires superior clinical and communication skills, along with a good bedside manner and people management abilities. Our team members must be aware of the range of community resources available, and work collaboratively with community-based physicians to optimize discharge planning processes and patient care planning. The successful candidate should also demonstrate an interest in teaching, committee participation, quality improvement initiatives, and leadership training and/or experience. A successful candidate will not only fulfill their clinical hours but also the appropriate shift mix (days, evenings, nights) and non-clinical duties. On-site hours are generally 8 am – 5 pm, evenings are 3 pm – 9 pm or 5 pm – 10 pm, with an overnight in hospital shift from 9 pm – 7 am.
Eligibility: Candidates must be licensed or (eligible for licensure) with College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC) and have either CCFP (or equivalent) or FRCP credentials. Certification in ACLS is strongly suggested. Hospitalist experience and membership in professional Hospital Medicine societies is an asset.
Please submit CV, cover letter and provide three reference contact names us by January 10, 2023.
- Street address 330 East Columbia Street - Hospitalist Office
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 330 East Columbia St, New Westminster, V3L 3W7
- Start Date January 20, 2023
- Schedule Description Per physician master agreement. Full-time work is considered 1680 hours of clinical work annually, while part-time work is considered a minimum of 840 hours respectively.
- Location class Urban
- Qualifications FRCPC/CCFP ACLS CMPA CPSBC Eligible for Full License
- Work Environment Royal Columbian Hospital is a provincial referral hospital (stroke/cardiac/trauma/neurosurgery) located in New Westminster, BC, with 440 acute beds and is a University of British Columbia affiliated teaching hospital. It offers medical, surgical, advanced and interventional diagnostics and imaging, critical care, inpatient pediatrics, obstetrics, outpatient clinics, neonatology, cardiac surgery, neurosciences, with about 78,271 visits annually.
- EMR MediTech
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models