- Practice or Institution Name Surrey Memorial Hospital
- City Surrey
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
Fraser Health is seeking qualified physicians to join our well established and very busy Hospitalist program. We have positions in Temporary/Locum Tenens categories, which upon successful completion candidates may be eligible to apply for permanent full-time positions.
Applicants should have a strong interest in developing a permanent acute care hospitalist practice with the SMH Hospitalist Group. Responsibilities include the admission and management of “unattached” patients as the Most Responsible Physician (MRP) and supportive care for some surgical and specialist medical patients.
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 13750 96 Ave, Surrey, BC V3V 1Z2, Canada
- Start Date November 1, 2021
- Schedule Description Flexible Schedule 1 week rotations
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements Flexible
- Qualifications Candidates must be licensed or be eligible for licensure with College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC) and have their CCFP. Must have hospitalist experience.
- Work Environment Surrey Memorial is a 611 acute care bed, University of BC Affiliated, regional referral and community teaching hospital that has the busiest emergency in BC. We offer medical, surgical, neonatal intensive care, tertiary, ambulatory, cardiology, rehab, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 158,558 visits annually. We currently manage 4,200 births per year and have recently opened a new tower with a 46 bed single room maternity care unit, a 48 bed single room Level 2/3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and a dedicated maternal operating room. The brand new ER includes a dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department, part of the state-of the art Critical Care Tower includes a dedicated perinatal centre, helipad and expanded ICU.
- EMR Meditech
- Compensation Sessional
- Estimated Remuneration Compensation: Contract - The current contract pays $174.18/hr. Administrative duties paid through separate Fund in addition to compensation Surge Funding also applicable
- Payment Terms Payment as per PMA contract. No split
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Hourly Rate Guaranteed as per PMA contract