- Practice or Institution Name Holland Bone and Joint Program, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- City Toronto
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
We are looking for an IN-HOUSE, ON-CALL PHYSICIAN for weeknight and weekend hours.
- The In-house Physician is expected to contact the Hospital Coordinator on arrival at the Hospital to be brought up to date on any matters of concern.
- The In-house Physician must remain on hospital premises throughout his/her shift in order to be available to respond immediately to emergency situations.
- The In-house Physician is expected to respond to all cardiac arrest/emergency codes.
- The In-house Physician is responsible for medical screening and/or treatment advice of patients calling the Hospital Coordinator with urgent concerns.
- All routine patient care is the responsibility of the Attending Physicians and/or Clinical Fellows, and should be referred back to the Attending Physician after regular working hours. The In-house Physician is responsible for dealing with any patient management problem that is brought to his/her attention. In normal circumstances, the Attending Physician should be consulted regarding:
- Indications/need for blood transfusion; and/or
- Management of patients with suspected Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- Street address 43 Wellesley Street East
- Country Canada
- Province/State Ontario
- Map 43 Wellesley Street East, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1H1
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements Off-hours, in-house medical coverage required for: Monday to Friday: 1800 hours to 0730 hours Saturday: 0700 hours to 0700 hours Sunday Sunday: 0700 hours to 0730 hours Monday
- Qualifications Applicants with a valid registered medical license in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario are invited to apply by sending resume and proof of ACLS training to: Carolyn Pezzetti, Administrative Director, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, [email protected]
- Compensation Fee for service
- Payment Terms Remuneration is $500.00 for weekday call and $750.00 / day for weekend call plus 100% of OHIP billings.