- Practice or Institution Name Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Prince County Hospital
- City Charlottetown
- Specialty ANAESTHESIA
Health PEI is currently seeking Locum Anesthetists/FP-Anesthetists to provide support to its team of specialists. Available now are short-term and long-term locums.
In Charlottetown, the locum physician will have privileges in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, the provincial referral centre, a 243-bed facility, providing a broad range of specialty support services including; general surgery, urology, radiology, medicine and ICU.
In Summerside, the locum physician will have privileges in the Prince County Hospital, a 110-bed regional hospital with a six-bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
Hours of Work:
Up to 37.5 hours/week for full-time physicians
Remuneration options include contract-for-service or fee-for-service as per the Master Agreement. Contact us for additional details on locum remuneration options.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If travelling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses.
- For more information, visit our website.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of CanadaCertification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.