- Practice or Institution Name Notre Dame Hospital - Hearst
- City Hearst
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
The Notre-Dame Hospital in Hearst, Ontario is looking to fill hospitalist locum for 2 weeks.
Hearst is a small rural community with a population of approximately 5,000 and a catchment area of just over 8,000.
Notre-Dame Hospital has 22 acute care beds. We have total patient care on the Acute Care Unit. The Unit accommodates a variety of patients including medical, surgical, OBS, palliative, psychiatric, peds, etc. To work in a multidisciplinary team alongside the nurses, social workers, Physio, RT and discharge planner. The hospitalist start on the Friday and works until the next Friday 8 am. There is always a surgeon and anesthesiologist onsite or on-call, and an ED MD onsite or within 5 min arrival time.
Remuneration : Stipend + FFS
Accommodation: Fully furnished apartment in front of the hospital
- Street address 1405 Edward St
- Country Canada
- Province/State Ontario
- Map 1405 Edward St, Hearst ON P0L1N0
- Start Date December 2, 2022
- End Date December 16, 2022
- Schedule Description The typical schedule is from Friday 8am to the following Friday 8am. We will take any type of combination, If you are only available week days we will accommodate around your availability.
- Location class Rural
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements On-call 24/7, after 6pm ER physician will do admission. Nurses will call if any concerns also in the evening/nights
- Perks Travel cost and accommodation are reimbursed by HFO Full furnished apartment available right across the street from the hospital. Can offer ready meals for the week.
- Work Environment HNDH is a modern 44-bed, fully accredited hospital which serves a population of 8,000 people with its 175 full and part-time employees. We provide a wide range of health care programs and services: emergency, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, respiratory therapy, chemotherapy, acute care, chronic care, pharmacy, clinical nutrition, electrocardiography, physiotherapy, surgery and diabetes education. We also offer specialty clinics in cardiology, internal medicine, pediatrics, urology, orthopedic, gynecology, ENT, rheumatology and neurology on a regular basis. Our team works in close relationship with several visiting specialists, the Timmins & District Hospital, Health Sciences North, as well as the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Center.
- EMR Meditech
- Community / Neighbourhood Hearst, Ontario is a bilingual community of 5,000 residents. Located in Northeastern Ontario, it is centrally located between Northern Ontario’s most important cities: Sudbury North Bay Sault Ste- Marie Thunder Bay Hearst is also located 260 kilometres from the City of Timmins, and 100 kilometres from the Town of Kapuskasing. THINGS TO DO Our region has great outdoor activities to offer, like fishing, hunting, canoeing and kayaking, ATVing, hiking, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing – just to name a few. This is a great place to raise a family.
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration For a full week : approximate remuneration can vary from 8 000 - 9 000$
- Payment Terms Base stipend of 4000$ + FFS (100%) Physician is responsible for own billing
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Stipend of 4000$ for the week Travel cost & accommodations are reimbursed through ministry (HFO)