- Practice or Institution Name Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic – Charlottetown
- City Charlottetown
- Specialty OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY
Health PEI is currently seeking Locum Obstetricians/Gynecologists to provide support to its team of specialists. Available now are short-term and long-term locums that can be one week or as long as twelve months. The Obstetricians/Gynecologists will have the option to work out of a shared clinic located in Charlottetown or Summerside, PEI. Obstetricians/Gynecologists in the province provide prenatal care and deliveries.
In Charlottetown, the Locum physician will share in the responsibility for the care of approximately two-thirds of the women in the province of Prince Edward Island, which has a population of more than 150,000 residents. The physician will have privileges in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, the provincial referral centre, a 243-bed facility, providing a broad range of specialty support services including; general surgery, urology, radiology, medicine and ICU. The service is well supported by the local tertiary centre for maternal-fetal medicine and oncology services.
In Summerside, the Locum physician will share in the responsibility for the care of approximately one-third of the women in the province of Prince Edward Island. The physician will have privileges in the Prince County Hospital, a 110-bed regional hospital with a six-bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
Hours of Work:
– Regular office access Monday-Friday up to 37.5 hours/week
– Participation in on-call services with the group of Obstetricians/Gynecologists.
– Provide referral services for family physicians in the province.
– Fee-for-service as per the Master Agreement or
– Contract for service payment modality as per the Master Agreement or
– Shorter-term locums may have the option of choosing a temporary daily rate. Please contact us for more information.
– Return travel based on economy airfare. If travelling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
– Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June – September and $150/day worked October – May. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend Form to receive these funds.
– Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
– FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification;
– Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
– Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- Street address 141 Mount Edward Road
- Country Canada
- Province/State Prince Edward Island
- Map 141 Mount Edward Road, Charlottetown, PE, Canada
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models