LOCATION Lougheed family practice is located at Lougheed Plaza, beside Lougheed Mall in Burnaby. This area is dominated by a busy mall and a Skytrain intersection. With plans for 23 new highrises to be built before 2020, and the influx of 30,000 new residents to the area, The City of Lougheed offers prime real estate investment opportunities. The practice is located in a recently renovated medical professional building on the second floor.
THE PRACTICE: Taking over a physician’s patients. The family practice is renovated in 2015 to suit a 4 family physician practice. Currently, 4 family physicians work in the practice, three of whom are full time. The practice is bilingual with a mix of English and Chinese speaking patients. There is also Mandarin and Cantonese medical office assistants to support the bilingual practice. One physician is moving at the end of the year, the clinic is looking for someone to transfer some of the patients seen in the practice, preferably someone who is able to offer continued care to the Chinese patients. The clinic also has an ongoing waitlist of patients who can be transferred to the new doctor. In total about 2300 patients on the roster. There are a total of 6 exam rooms for 3 family physicians. The clinic also runs a 3 exam room walk-in clinic on the first floor which sees a daily 40 patients. The walk-in clinic can refer patients to your practice if you wish when they identify patients without a suitable physician. The walk-in clinic shares EMR with the family practice and is thus able to cover for family physicians during absences and holidays.
REMUNERATION MSP cheques are sent to physicians on a semimonthly basis. All transaction records are available for physician access at all times.
- Practice or Institution Name Elicare: Lougheed Family Practice & Walk-In Clinic
- Street address 9618 Cameron
- City Burnaby
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 9618 Cameron St Burnaby British Columbia, Canada V3J 1M2
- Start Date March 16, 2020
- Schedule Description This is a permanent family physician vacancy, located in Burnaby Lougheed in an already established practice. There are 3 other physicians working in office looking for an additional associate. One of the physicians is moving and there are patients looking to stay in the clinic with the new physician. Flexible Hours, 4 day minimum.
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements none
- Qualifications Good standing with College. Member of CMPA. Licensed to practice in BC. CCFP/equivalent.
- Perks Parking paid by clinic. Free parking for patient/patrons of the mall. Waitlist Roster, charts are pre-pared by previous physician (practice take-over).
- Work Environment STAFF AND SUPPORT The office runs OSCAR EMR and WOLF EMR concurrently. The new physician can choose either for his/her practice. A team of MOAs are trained to operate both EMRs. Office manager is present daily and the clinic manager oversees billings (rejections and private billings), and physician cheques. Approximately 1 MOA per Full Time Equivalent physician staffs the office as well as an on-site pharmacist. Additional staff if required will be discussed in detail.
- EMR OSCAR EMR, highspeed internet.
- Community / Neighbourhood Lougheed Mall. Lougheed Skytrain (station) Evergreen Line Skytrain (station). 10 minutes to Brentwood Mall 45 minutes to Downtown Vancouver.
- Compensation Fee for service
- Payment Terms MSP Billings 75/25 Private Billings: 80/20
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Please contact us for more details
- Other Details Clinic will find locums for physician's extended absences.