- Practice or Institution Name MuscleMD Clinic
- City Delta + Victoria
- Specialty OTHER
- Other Details This is a rare opportunity to enter the world of basic level interventional pain treatment in an organized and established clinic group. If you are interested please get in touch to arrange a zoom interview with the Medical Director.
Due to increasing demand MuscleMD is now hiring! We are currently looking for part time physicians (either a Specialist of Family Physician) to work at our growing clinics in Delta and Victoria, BC.
The role is very unique and is suited to those that have an interest in hands-on treatment of myofascial pain conditions using Trigger Point Injections, nerve blocks and other modalities.
- These are primarily MSP-insured services.
- All patients are seen at this clinic via Family Physician or Specialist referral. This is a consulting service where no prescriptions are routinely issued.
- Full hands-on training and supervision will be provided and is objective and competence-based using a curriculum that has been developed in-house, along with external courses. We have an Academic Director who oversees training and education.
- Previous experience in procedural pain care/Trigger Point Injections not essential but an asset.
We are looking for compassionate, friendly and fun individuals to join our large team, which is spread across 4 clinics in British Columbia.
Unlike many other clinics, our focus is not to see as many patients as possible in a day, but instead to delivery high quality patient care whilst still making a living!
There is something extremely rewarding about being able to improve the quality of life of patients in pain without resorting to more prescription medications!
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Start Date December 1, 2023
- Schedule Description The clinic is open during office hours Monday-Friday and we require coverage for at least 1 regular day per week. There is flexibility in the hours/days based on your other work schedule. More days will become available once core competencies are attained.
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements No on-call/after hours work.
- Qualifications Either CCFP or specialist physician designation mandatory. Must be fully licensed to practice medicine in BC without any CPSBC license restrictions. New FP/Specialist graduates are welcome!
- Perks Supportive team environment with supervision and support during training as well as ongoing peer support for day-to-day patient care. Staff team-building events and social gatherings on a regular basis. Opportunities to present/co-present at National level CME conferences and workshops in Canada. No prescribing of medications and no routine ordering of testing (unless necessary) therefore no after hours paperwork! Consult and visit templates are provided and customized to allow efficient data entry meaning you get to go home on time! Ongoing opportunities to increase scope of practice with enhanced skills and procedures.
- Work Environment Private purpose-designed bright medical offices in Medical Professional buildings with treatment rooms (with actual windows!)/equipment, as well as facilities for virtual consultations. Staff area/kitchen with tasty coffee (an essential).
- EMR InputHealth (Telus CHR)
- Community / Neighbourhood The clinics are situated in busy neighborhoods on the Delta/Surrey border and in Downtown Victoria in Professional buildings with on-site pharmacies. Close proximity to lots of good food and coffee!
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration Primary billing is through MSP, which includes Consultation and procedure fees. Private services are also offered (e.g. Therapeutic Botox, Prolotherapy, PRP) depending on your additional training. Remuneration varies depending on your FP/Specialist designation and skillset.
- Payment Terms There is an identical fixed income split for all doctors. Will be discussed at interview.
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Ongoing medical/clinical education through formal teaching sessions, with combined virtual and hands-on training on a regular basis. Peer support available at all times for clinical questions/help with patient care. Support staff (1:1 ratio) for all clinical needs during work day. Flexible schedule - no minimum volumes/hours. Collegial work environment with regular team-building events/social activities.