- Practice or Institution Name Northeast Urgent and Primary Care Centre
- City Vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details Please note that a CV will be required after application.
We are seeking Family Physicians to join the Northeast Urgent and Primary Care Centre and build a panel of patients in our co-located longitudinal care program. This position is for a full-service family physician (excluding obstetrics, hospital, and surgical assist work), primarily providing care in clinic; as needed in client’s homes and outreach settings. The Family Physician will work as part of an interdisciplinary team with a Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse, allied health, Medical Office Assistants and more. This is a PCN contracted position co-located within the urgent and primary care centre.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C.
- Certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC).
- Medical indemnity coverage with Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA).
- Experience and commitment to providing primary care for clients with addictions, including ability to effectively prescribe and manage Opioid Agonist Therapy.
- Demonstrates a high level of clinical skill and competence working with socially complex clients.
- Previous experience providing culturally safe, trauma informed care to marginalized populations.
- Experience applying strategies or practices to address social determinants of health and health inequity.
- Demonstrated experience establishing new clinical services.
- Fluency in identified non-official languages based on neighbourhood demographics.
- Interest and commitment in developing and practicing team-based models of care
- Interest and commitment in pro-active chronic disease management, panel management, QI initiatives to improve client outcomes
- Awareness of and sensitivity to patients from diverse ethnic backgrounds and/or with diverse cultural beliefs/practices and/or gender/sexual orientation
- Commitment and interest in serving complex clients
- Street address 102-2788 East Hastings Street
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 2788 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date May 25, 2022
- EMR Cerner
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration PCN FP Contract Rates