- Practice or Institution Name Vancouver Family Practice
- City Vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
We are looking for a family doctor who loves to work alongside excellent colleagues, and enjoys work-life balance, or side gigs to keep things interesting. Offering 2 sessions a week, in a combination of in-person and telehealth for a shared practice. There is the opportunity for more at this multi-physician clinic as well.
This practice is impeccably well cared for, being built from scratch in the past 4 years by young family doctors who have been resident, locums and then ultimately decided to become associates. One practice partner is leaving due to family illness.
We are a kind and collegial group, with a high MOA/MD ratio, in a brand new bight large clinic space, with an excellent manager. The clinic directors/owners are also docs at the clinic whose mission is to create a place where everyone loves to come to work while providing excellent patient-centred care.
This is a great fit for: A physician who is new to Vancouver and looking to step into a well-balanced, well-run practice and office; an early career physician looking to try out a stable longitudinal practice in a supportive environment while maintaining flexibility; an experienced physician looking for a change; a physician who is a parent or caregiver and looking for flexible hours; a physician looking to transition out of hospital or focused practice. YOU if you are committed to excellent primary care!
- Street address 555 W 12th Avenue
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 301-555 W 12th Ave Vancouver, BC V5Z 3X7
- Start Date September 11, 2023
- Schedule Description In person clinics are 9-12 or 1-4, and remote clinic schedules are up to you. Patients are booked every 15 minutes or longer if needed. The current schedule is Monday full day with a combination of in person and remote, with a log in on Tuesday to review the inbox. Your practice share covers Wednesday to Friday, so when you are out of the office there are no trailing inbox responsibilities. We are flexible and open to adjusting this, or adding more. The start date is flexible as well.
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements 1/18 phone call after hours, typically getting 0-3 calls a night. 1/18 Weekend phone calls, with Saturday clinic for urgent issues only from 10-2.
- Qualifications CPSBC license required.
- Perks The clinic size is large enough to have support, brainstorming and distribute call and same day care to not be onerous, but small enough to know our colleagues well and have good work relationships. A shared charting area makes it easy to ask on the fly questions and enabling a supportive atmosphere. We have an excellent breadth of knowledge and skill in our team of doctors and nurses who can help support you at whatever stagey you are at in your practice. We also support learners, and are always willing to help. We have a high MOA/MD ratio giving you excellent support both for clinical and administrative work. This clinic is well organized, and well established, and since we are not on FFS, we have longer appointments. We are also not on LFP, and have much better compensation for complexity, allowing us to be well compensated for complex care.
- Work Environment Join our chill and supportive group, in a newly renovated space, full of windows and light. The 2 owner/directors are also family doctors in this clinic so have skin in the game. Our goal is to create a workplace where everyone loves coming to work, where we support each other to provide excellent patient-centred care. We have a signal group to allow for quick messages on clinical or operational questions as they arise. If you have an interest in teaching, we also support learners, mainly residents. Our locums tend to come back, or have regular intermittent gigs for years, and many of our associates were once residents or locums. We would love to have you join us. We have other opportunities available, and are interested in helping you create your dream practice with us.
- EMR Telus CHR
- Community / Neighbourhood Located in an office tower above City Square shopping centre, there is a food court with bright windows and beautiful greenery open daily, in a unique setting with restored heritage building facades located inside. For sunny days there is outdoor seating with views overlooking the city and Burrard Inlet in the distance. We are conveniently located near the Broadway Skytrain station at Granville St, and in the VGH hospital zone. There is ample underground parking available, and outdoor bike racks near the grocery store. Located close to the 10th Ave Bike Route. Address: 301-555 W 12th Avenue, Vancouver BC.
- Compensation Sessional
- Estimated Remuneration Locums: $550/session. Join the practice: Rare opportunity to join Population Based Funding - currently for this practice (based on complexity) at $340/patient per year, with approximately 650 patients for the entire practice. It is served by a total of 5 sessions split between the 2 practice share MD's. Pay per practice share is split based on sessions worked. Additional billing for WCB, ICBC, private bills, medical legal reports, prenatal care and some procedures (IUD, Nexplanon) etc.
- Payment Terms Locum - $550/session paid weekly. Join the practice - PBF plus out of the basket pay for this portion of the practice share is estimated to be $95 K (for 2 sessions + 1 log in for inbox management). Overhead is 35%. There is room to grow this practice if you are interested. The clinic makes payments every 2 weeks, based on funding advanced quarterly from MSP.
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Stable funding based on complexity, allows you to decide how to best serve your patients, without being tied to service requirements or time-keeping. PBF is an excellent model for those who may need to go on leave since the funding is stable based on patients, not visits or service, making the business plan of hiring locum coverage more predictable.