- Practice or Institution Name RISE Community Health Centre
- City Vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH) is a not-for-profit Society serving the Renfrew-Collingwood neighbourhood of East Vancouver. CNH’s mandate is to promote the well-being of the Renfrew-Collingwood community by providing leadership and working collaboratively with individuals, families, agencies and other groups to develop and support inclusive, innovative, sustainable initiatives and services that respond to the community’s social, educational, economic, health, cultural and recreational needs.
RISE is a community-based CHC that is part of the Primary Care Network strategy and funded by the Ministry of Health. RISE CHC supports the health and well-being of Renfrew-Collingwood residents who are facing barriers to achieving health by offering community-based primary care and health promotion services. Populations of focus include Newcomers, LGBTQ2S+, Indigenous, Isolated Seniors, Youth, people experiencing Homelessness, those working in the Sex Trade, and those experiencing Mental Health and Substance Use issues. Services are delivered by a diverse interdisciplinary team, working in partnership with other Collingwood Neighbourhood House departments and partnering agencies.
This is an incredible opportunity be part of the RISE CHC team, where you will work with committed and passionate professionals in the provision of integrated, high quality, holistic health services. We encourage applicants with lived experience of structural inequity to apply, and in particular those who identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or people of colour.
We are seeking a Family Physician to join Collingwood Neighbourhood House’s RISE Community Health Centre team. This position is for a full service family physician (excluding obstetrics or hospital work), providing care in clinic, client’s homes and outreach settings. The Family Physician will work as part of an interdisciplinary team with Nurse Practitioners, Community Health Workers, Nurses, Counsellors, Dietitians, Physiotherapist, Social Workers, Pharmacist, Medical Office Assistants and more. The Family Physician will be a staff of Collingwood Neighbourhood House, reporting to the RISE CHC Coordinator and Clinical Lead.
Salary: $125.25/hr or $132,192/year based on 0.58 FTE (89.93% of the 2021/22 APSA annual General Practice – Full Scope (Non-JSC Community) Salary Agreement) Range
o Salaried, Non-Fee-For-Service, no overhead contribution required
o Extended health and dental benefits; pension plan starting October 2022
o Annual reimbursement for: professional malpractice liability protection, College of Physicians and Surgeons on British Columbia dues
o Paid vacation starting at 4 weeks per year (prorated for FTE) plus paid sick days
o Five days each year with pay for participation in Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Schedule: 24 hours per week (0.58 FTE), Monday 9:00am – 5:30pm, Friday 10:00am – 6:30 pm, Saturday 8:30 – 5:00pm; 30-minute unpaid lunch break per day, closed on statutory holidays
Location: 5198 Joyce Street, Vancouver, BC, V5R 4H1, and outreach locations within the Renfrew-Collingwood neighbourhood
Expected Start Date: September 12, 2022
- Street address 3425 Crowley Drive
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 3425 Crowley Drive, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date September 12, 2022
- Qualifications - Registered and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C. - Certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) - Medical indemnity coverage with Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) - 2 or more years of experience working as a Family Physician in a community-based primary health care setting. - Demonstrates commitment to the concepts underpinning the unique role of Community Health Centres and a desire to collaboratively contribute to this CHC’s vision, mission and values. - Experience providing primary care for clients with addictions, including ability to effectively prescribe and manage Opioid Agonist Therapy - Demonstrates a high level of clinical skill and competence working with socially complex clients - An egalitarian philosophy and non-judgmental attitude (i.e. gender, culture, race, sexual orientation, language, ability and more) - Previous experience providing culturally safe, trauma informed care to marginalized populations - Experience working with interdisciplinary, culturally diverse teams - Experience applying strategies or practices to address social determinants of health and health inequity - Experience providing outreach in community settings and in people’s homes - Ability to deal effectively with conflict situations, manage challenging behavior, and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioral management techniques - Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ASSETS - Fluency in identified non-official languages based on neighbourhood demographics - Experience working with medical interpreters
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration $125.25/hr or $132,192/year based on 0.58 FTE (89.93% of the 2021/22 APSA annual General Practice – Full Scope (Non-JSC Community) Salary Agreement) Range