- Practice or Institution Name Telus Health Care Centres
- City Calgary
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
|TELUS Health Care Centres is recruiting physicians to work in preventative primary care in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. Family Physicians come from a diverse background that focuses on medical assessment and procedure, health promotion, disease prevention, and risk reduction strategies. Family Physicians have a patient family centered focus with a holistic approach to patient care. NPs work in collaboration with their physician colleagues and can service as primary care providers. In the event that patient needs fall outside a NP’s scope of practice, they can be referred to an alternate member of the healthcare team.
The Family Physician plays an integral role in the provision of services for patients in Telus Health Care Centres. The Family Physician will lead the care team in achieving its vision and mission. The Family Physician role includes provision of family medicine to the population of patients seen in the family practice service and requires a thorough knowledge of primary care within the scope of the Family Physician’s as determined by the College of Physician of Alberta and British Columbia. Areas of focus include: assessing care needs on intake in collaboration with the nursing team, triage and navigation to appropriate services, disease prevention and health promotion, chronic and complex disease care management, collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. The Family Physician collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to optimize patient engagement and care outcomes. The role also requires a high level of interpersonal skills to interact with patients and their families in a holistic and compassionate manner.
Opportunities for part time and full time with full time looking after approximately 400 patients.
Have the opportunity to spend more time with your patients.
|Candidates must be registered or eligible with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and/or British Columbia in good standing|
- Street address 25 York
- Country Canada
- Province/State Alberta
- Map 25 York Street, Toronto, ON, Canada
- End Date October 16, 2021
- Schedule Description Monday to Friday
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements N/A
- Qualifications Candidates must be registered or eligible with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and/or British Columbia in good standing
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Payment Terms Independent Health Practitioners are paid an attractive rate plus MSP billings.