- Practice or Institution Name University Hospital of Northern British Columbia
- City Prince George
- Specialty EMERGENCY MEDICINE
Northern Health is seeking locum physicians to work at the University Hospital of Northern British Columbia (UHNBC) Emergency Department in Prince George. British Columbia’s Northern Capital!
2 – 4 week locum opportunities are available. Cascading shifts including mornings and afternoons; nights are optional. For EM trained physicians, rates vary from $1959.00/8-hr. day shift to $2800.00/8-hr. weekend night shift. We have travel and accommodation supports in place to fund your visit.
UHNBC is a level 3 trauma centre that sees approximately 47,000 emergency room visits per year. There is double physician coverage 24/7. The Emergency physicians at UHNBC play an active role in the education of both medical students and residents.
UHNBC is the largest acute care facility in Northern Health and is the referral centre for all communities across northern BC. A full complement of specialist services are available at this site as well as diagnostic services including both MRI and 2 CT scanners.
Prince George is the centre of business, education, health and culture for northern BC, servicing a rural population of 300,000 people over an area of 600,000 square kilometers. Affordable housing, short commutes, and outstanding recreational opportunities make Prince George a desirable community to call home. A paradise for outdoor recreation; mountain biking, hiking, kayaking in the summer, and amazing powder in the winter are just a few of the options for adventure seekers!
If rewarding professional opportunities and outstanding lifestyle are your priority, this Emergency medicine opportunity in Prince George is for you!
We are looking for both CCFP(EM) and FRCPC grads. Apply before graduation!
- Street address 1475 Edmonton St
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 1475 Edmonton Street, Prince George, BC, Canada
- Start Date October 19, 2023
- End Date June 30, 2024
- Schedule Description Cascading shifts including mornings and afternoons; nights are optional.
- Location class Rural
- Perks We have travel and accommodation supports in place to fund your visit.
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration For EM trained physicians, rates vary from $1959.00/8-hr. day shift to $2800.00/8-hr. weekend night shift.