- Practice or Institution Name Royal Columbian Hospital
- City New Westminster
- Specialty OTHER
Interesting & diverse patients, great colleagues, in a tertiary hospital…with a community hospital feel!
As a half time FTE with us you will receive a mix of days, evenings and nights. Your primary responsibilities include admission and management of “unattached” patients as the Most Responsible Physician (MRP), as well as supportive care for some surgical and specialty medical patients.
This job requires superior clinical and communication skills, along with exceptional bedside manner and people management abilities. As Royal Columbian Hospital is a tertiary care centre, a successful candidate should be proficient in managing not only complex medical patients, but also those requiring complex care which may not be available at other sites including but not limited to neurosurgical patients, vascular patients, and those requiring interventional radiology. Our team members must be proficient with the range of community resources available, and work collaboratively with community-based physicians to optimize discharge planning processes and patient care planning. The successful candidate should also demonstrate a history of participation in or keen interest in teaching, committee membership and participation, quality improvement initiative, and leadership training and/or experience. A successful candidate will not only fulfill their clinical hours but also the appropriate shift mix (days, evenings, nights) and non-clinical duties. On-site hours are generally 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., evenings are 3 pm to 9 pm, with an overnight in hospital shift from 9 p.m. to 7 am.
We are also always looking for relief hospitalists who would like to pick up evening, nights and weekends.
- Street address 330 East Columbia
- Country Canada
- Map 330 E Columbia St, New Westminster, BC V3L 3W7
- Start Date March 1, 2022
- Schedule Description Amounts to about 12 or so shifts per month. Mix of days, evenings, nights and weekends. You are welcome to pick up extra shifts if they suit you.
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements When your shift is over, you sign off to the next person coming on shift, resulting in no ongoing after-shift responsibility
- Qualifications We are looking for keen and qualified physicians to join our team at the Royal Columbian Hospitalist Program. An ideal candidate is comfortable with hospital medicine and demonstrates competency in managing acute care inpatients. Candidates must be licensed or (eligible for licensure) with College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC) and have either CCFP (or equivalent) or FRCP credentials. Certification in ACLS is strongly suggested. Hospitalist experience and membership in professional hospital medicine societies is an asset.
- Perks You dont bill MSP. You are paid per shift.
- Work Environment We have a great relationship with our ER, ICU and specialist colleagues. You will find our program well organized. The evening and overnight shifts are armed by the daytime hospitalists with anticipatory guidance for any medical issues that are reasonably expected to arise. Our ward patients are thoroughly managed during daytime hours for medical care and anticipatory communication with specialist colleagues and/or with family where needed. Charts are standardized with high quality notes and summaries on all of our patients. We also value clarifying goals of care on most all of our patients well in advance. All of this will enhance your ability to provide great patient care during your shift.
- EMR Meditech EMR
- Community / Neighbourhood We are a community-feel hospital with tertiary support! We have great views of the Fraser River and SFU mountain. The hospital is on the skytrain line, and just off Hwy 1. If you come from Vancouver, you are against traffic, so commuting is easy! There are an increasing number of cafes and restaurants near by.
- Compensation Sessional
- Estimated Remuneration $170 per hour
- Payment Terms We are on a service contract with Fraser Health. All Fraser Health hospitalist have the same hourly rate. Within our program we have adjust the pay slightly to enhance pay to the nights, weekends and evenings. This was an internal program decision from which you will benefit if picking up extra service shifts
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums We are paid a shift minimum, guaranteed.