- Practice or Institution Name Rise Community Health Centre
- City Vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details For more information contact the Vancouver Division of Family Practice today!
Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH) is a not-for-profit Society serving the Renfrew-Collingwood (RC) neighbourhood of East Vancouver. CNH’s mandate is to promote the well-being of the Renfrew-Collingwood community by providing leadership and working collaboratively with individuals, families, agencies and other groups to develop and support inclusive, innovative, sustainable initiatives and services that respond to the community’s social, educational, economic, health, cultural and recreational needs.
RISE is a community-based CHC that is part of the Primary Care Network strategy and funded by the Ministry of Health. RISE CHC supports the health and well-being of Renfrew-Collingwood residents who are facing barriers to achieving health by offering community-based primary care and health promotion services. Populations of focus include Newcomers, LGBTQ2S+, Indigenous, Isolated Seniors, Youth, people experiencing Homelessness, those working in the Sex Trade, and those experiencing Mental Health and Substance Use issues. Services are delivered by a diverse interdisciplinary team, working in partnership with other Collingwood Neighbourhood House departments and partnering agencies.
This is an incredible opportunity be part of the RISE CHC team, where you will work with committed and passionate professionals in the provision of integrated, high quality, holistic health services. We encourage applicants with lived experience of structural inequity to apply, and in particular those who identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or people of colour.
We are seeking a Family Physician to join Collingwood Neighbourhood House’s RISE Community Health Centre Team. This position is for a full-service family physician (excluding obstetrics or hospital work), providing care in clinic, client’s homes and outreach settings. The Family Physician will work as part of an interdisciplinary team with Nurse Practitioners, Community Health Workers, Registered Nurse, allied health, Medical Office Assistants and more. The Family Physician will be a staff of Collingwood Neighbourhood House, reporting to the Clinic Coordinator and Clinical Lead.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Registered and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C.
• Certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC).
• Medical indemnity coverage with Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA).
• 2 or more years of experience working as a Family Physician in a community-based primary health care setting.
• Demonstrates commitment to the concepts underpinning the unique role of Community Health Centres and a desire to collaboratively contribute to this CHC’s vision, mission and values.
• Experience providing primary care for clients with addictions, including ability to effectively prescribe and manage Opioid Agonist Therapy.
• Demonstrates a high level of clinical skill and competence working with socially complex clients.
• An egalitarian philosophy and non-judgmental attitude (i.e. gender, culture, race, sexual orientation, language, ability and more).
• Previous experience providing culturally safe, trauma informed care to marginalized populations.
• Experience working with interdisciplinary, culturally diverse teams.
• Experience applying strategies or practices to address social determinants of health and health inequity.
• Experience providing outreach in community settings and in people’s homes.
• Ability to deal effectively with conflict situations, manage challenging behavior, and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioral management techniques.
● Demonstrated experience establishing new clinical services.
● Fluency in identified non-official languages based on neighbourhood demographics.
• Schedule: 21 – 35 hours/week (hours and schedule negotiable but includes 2 Saturdays per month).
• Compensation Model: Salaried, non-Fee for Service.
o Base salary of $125.25/hr or $227,918/year base salary for full time (35 hours/week).
o Extended health and dental benefits.
o Annual reimbursement for: professional malpractice liability protection, College of Physicians and Surgeons on British Columbia dues.
o Paid vacation starting at 4 weeks per year (based on 35hr/week) plus paid sick days.
o Five days each year with pay for participation in Continuing Medical Education (CME) plus reimbursement for CME expenditures as per the Benefits Subsidiary Agreement.
• Overhead: no contribution required.
• Location: 5198 Joyce Street, Vancouver, BC, V5R 4H1, and outreach locations within the Renfrew-Collingwood Neighborhood
• Expected Start Date: Sept 2021
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with priority given to Canadian Citizens and permanent residents. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application. As per the Collingwood Neighbourhood House Human Resources Policies and Procedures, all factors being equal, first priority will be given to qualified internal and local applicants.
Equality of opportunity and diversity is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Street address 5198 Joyce St
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 3425 Crowley Drive, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date August 4, 2021
- Location class Urban
- Compensation Salary
- Estimated Remuneration Base salary of $125.25/hr or $227,918/year base salary for full time (35 hours/week).