- Practice or Institution Name Rise Community Health Centre
- City Vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details APPLICATION PROCESS Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with priority given to Canadian Citizens and permanent residents. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application. As per the Collingwood Neighbourhood House Human Resources Policies and Procedures, all factors being equal, first priority will be given to qualified local and internal applicants. PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: Sandra Bodenhamer Director, RISE Community Health Centre Collingwood Neighbourhood House 5198 Joyce Street, Vancouver, BC, V5R 4H1 Email: [email protected] Please quote reference #HC01-21-08 OPEN UNTIL FILLED APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH) is a not-for-profit Society serving the Renfrew-Collingwood neighbourhood of East Vancouver. CNH’s mandate is to promote the well-being of the Renfrew-Collingwood community by providing leadership and working collaboratively with individuals, families, agencies and other groups to develop and support inclusive, innovative, sustainable initiatives and services that respond to the community’s social, educational, economic, health, cultural and recreational needs.
RISE Community Health Centre (CHC) is the newest department of Collingwood Neighbourhood House. RISE is a community-based CHC that is part of the Primary Care Network strategy and funded by the Ministry of Health. RISE supports the health and well-being of Renfrew-Collingwood residents who are facing barriers to achieving health by offering community-based primary care and health promotion services. Populations of focus include Newcomers, LGBTQ2S+, Indigenous, Isolated Seniors, Youth, people experiencing Homelessness, those working in the Sex Trade, and those experiencing Mental Health and Substance Use issues. Services are delivered by a diverse interdisciplinary team, working in partnership with other Collingwood Neighbourhood House departments and partnering agencies.
This is an incredible opportunity be part of the RISE CHC team, where you will work with committed and passionate professionals in the provision of integrated, high quality, holistic health services. This is also a chance to be a leader in the implementation of the new provincial Community Health Centre policy. We encourage applicants with lived experience of structural inequity to apply, and in particular those who identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or people of colour.
We are seeking a Locum Family Physician to join Collingwood Neighbourhood House’s RISE Community Health Centre team. This position is for a full service family physician (excluding obstetrics or hospital work), providing care in clinic, client’s homes and outreach settings. The Family Physician will work as part of an interdisciplinary team with Nurse Practitioners, Community Health Workers, Registered Nurse, allied health, Medical Office Assistants and more. The Family Physician will be a staff of Collingwood Neighbourhood House, reporting to the management team (Director, Clinical lead and Clinic coordinator). We are looking for locums with availability over July, August and December.
- Street address 5198 Joyce Street
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 5198 Joyce Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date June 30, 2021
- End Date September 11, 2021
- Schedule Description Locum Dates: July 16th-August 3rd, 2021 August 10th, 16th, 17th, 2021 September 1st-3rd, 2021 September 11th, 2021 Shifts are 8 -10 hours
- Location class Urban
- Qualifications - Registered and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C. - Certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) - Medical indemnity coverage with Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) - 2 or more years of experience working as a Family Physician in a community-based primary health care setting. - Demonstrates commitment to the concepts underpinning the unique role of Community Health Centres and a desire to collaboratively contribute to this CHC’s vision, mission and values. - Experience providing primary care for clients with addictions, including ability to effectively prescribe and manage Opioid Agonist Therapy - Demonstrates a high level of clinical skill and competence working with socially complex clients - An egalitarian philosophy and non-judgmental attitude (i.e. gender, culture, race, sexual orientation, language, ability and more) - Previous experience providing culturally safe, trauma informed care to marginalized populations - Experience working with interdisciplinary, culturally diverse teams - Experience applying strategies or practices to address social determinants of health and health inequity - Experience providing outreach in community settings and in people’s homes - Ability to deal effectively with conflict situations, manage challenging behavior, and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioral management techniques Additional assets include: - Demonstrated experience establishing new clinical services - Fluency in identified non-official languages based on neighbourhood demographics
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration Compensation Model: contract, non-Fee for Service Remuneration: 163.39/hr Overhead: no contribution required