- Practice or Institution Name Monashee Medical Clinic
- City Rossland
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details Check out our clinic at https://monasheeclinic.ca. Please let us know if you would like us to assist in arranging accommodation for your stay.
Come work and play in a beautiful resort town and enjoy some of the best mountain biking and skiing in Canada. We are a small, friendly clinic in Rossland, British Columbia, and are looking for ongoing short-term locums to provide vacation coverage. Start date and duration are flexible.
- Street address 2067b Columbia Ave.
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 2067b Columbia Ave, Rossland, B.C., Canada
- Start Date June 1, 2022
- Schedule Description Clinic hours run 9am-5:00pm from Monday to Thursday. Appointments are booked every 15 minutes, or 30 minutes for counselling or full checks, but we are happy to accommodate whatever timing suits you. You can elect to do virtual work outside of this schedule from home.
- Location class Rural
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements None. There is a Regional Hospital 10 minutes from us in the neighbouring town of Trail that has an Emergency Department, a host of specialists, an Obstetrics clinic run by a small group of family practitioners, and a Hospitalist service that sees all of our in-patients that are not admitted under the specialists. All you are responsible for is clinic work, which you can do on-site in clinic or virtually.
- Qualifications There is often work available on the Hospitalist, ER or Obstetric rosters if you are interested in doing hospital work in addition to community clinic work, but this is by no means required. Hospital privileges are required for Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital if you intend work on one of these services, and we can help guide you through this process.
- Perks You are coming to a stunning community with amazing outdoor activities. We have a friendly group of doctors, amazing staff, a beautiful clinic on main street, and are used to having medical students and residents working with us, so are happy to mentor new grads. We value our incredible work-life balance, and are happy to show you all the best places to go locally.
- Work Environment The Monashee Medical clinic has been a fixture in Rossland for decades, and has always been an important part of our local health care system. All the physicians at our clinic have a mix of practices that include community work at the Monashee Medical Clinic, as well as work within the hospital or other sub-specialities such as Palliative Care, Sexual Assault, Mental Health, Hospitalist, Emergency Medicine and Functional Medicine. We are very supportive of a balanced lifestyle, and taking care of ourselves and our families, in addition to our community.
- EMR Telus CHR (Collaborative Health Record)
- Community / Neighbourhood Awesome. Just awesome. Seriously - take a look at the pictures at http://tourismrossland.com. Rossland is a small town of 3600 people, with a world-class ski hill 5 minutes from town (Red Mountain Resort), over 200 km of trails, and an extensive cross county ski course with 45 km of groomed trails. Get outside, do some mountain biking or skiing, and enjoy yourself!
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration $1000 +/day
- Payment Terms Billings split 70/30.
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums 11.3% rural incentive