- Practice or Institution Name Monashee Medical Clinic
- City Rossland
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
COVID fatigue? Come work and play in a beautiful resort town and enjoy some of the best mountain biking and skiing in Canada, along with hiking, fishing, and golf. We are a small, friendly clinic in Rossland, British Columbia, and are looking forward to showing you what a fabulous place this is to work. We are looking for a long-term locum with an option to transition to a permanent position. We would also be open to shorter locums if you wanted to try out the clinic and get familiar with the region.
- Street address 2067 Columbia Ave.
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 2067 Columbia Ave. Rossland, B.C.
- Schedule Description Clinic hours run 9-12:30 and 1-4:30 from Monday to Friday. Friday afternoon we are closed to appointments. Appointments are booked every 15 minutes, or 30 minutes for counselling or full checks, but we are happy to accommodate whatever timing suits you. You can elect to do virtual work outside of this schedule from home, and we will be moving to Telus CHR EMR in October which will allow for increased integration of virtual care for our patients.
- Location class Rural
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements None. There is a Regional Hospital 10 minutes from us in the neighbouring town of Trail that has an Emergency Department, a host of specialists, an Obstetrics clinic run by a small group of family practitioners, and a Hospitalist service that sees all of our in-patients that are not admitted under the specialists. All you are responsible for is clinic work, which you can do on-site in clinic or virtually.
- Qualifications All physicians in our clinic do a combination of community and hospital work. Hospital privileges are required for the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital if you intend to join one of these services, and we can help guide you through this process. The hospital is currently recruiting for Hospitalists, so this may be an attractive combination of roles if you are interested.
- Perks You are coming to a stunning community with amazing outdoor activities. Many people who live here came for a visit and never left because it is such an amazing place to live and play. We have a friendly group of doctors, amazing staff, a beautiful clinic on main street, and are used to having medical students and residents working with us, so are happy to mentor new grads. We value our incredible work-life balance, and are happy to show you all the best places to go locally.
- Work Environment The Monashee Medical clinic has been a fixture in Rossland for decades, and has always been an important part of our local health care system. All the physicians at our clinic have a mix of practices that include community work at the Monashee Medical Clinic, as well as work within the hospital or other sub-specialities such as Palliative Care, Sexual Assault, Mental Health, Hospitalist, Emergency Medicine and Functional Medicine. We are very supportive of a balanced lifestyle, and taking care of ourselves and our families, in addition to our community. We are currently doing a lot of telemedicine, but see about 50% of patients in clinic. This has varied based on COVID prevalence in our area.
- EMR Intrahealth. However we will be transitioning to Telus CHR in October.
- Community / Neighbourhood Awesome. Just awesome. Seriously - take a look at the pictures at http://tourismrossland.com. Rossland is a small town of 3600, with a world-class ski hill 5 minutes from town, over 200 km of trails, a local golf course 5 minutes away, and a host of lakes and camping that is a welcome reprieve from COVID restrictions. Get outside, do some hiking or skiing, and enjoy yourself!
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration $1000 +/day
- Payment Terms Billings split 70/30.
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums 11.3% rural incentive