- Practice or Institution Name St. Paul's Maternity Clinic
- City vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
We are looking for physicians to join our lovely family practice maternity group based out of St. Paul’s Hospital in downtown Vancouver, BC.
We are a group of six family physicians with an additional three long-term locums. We look after women from first trimester until six weeks postpartum. The clinic is based in the hospital and is fee for service with no overhead. We currently cover one 24h shift per week or every other week. During the shift, there is a clinic 8:30-1:30 and on-call coverage for our patients presenting to the labour and delivery unit. St. Paul’s Hospital is a downtown hospital with a community hospital feel on the maternity ward. There is a lovely group of nurses, pediatricians and obstetricians that we work closely with. We have an on-ward lactation consultant, as well as a breastfeeding medicine physician who works every Monday. The obstetricians are supportive of us practicing to our full scope. The nurses also run virtual prenatal classes for the patients.
We deliver about 20-25 patients per month.
If interested and also looking for other work, we can definitely put you in touch with other opportunities to fill your schedule.
Vancouver is an excellent place to work and explore from.
Please contact with interest or questions.
- Street address Room 541 5th Floor, Burrard Building St. Paul’s Hospital 1081 Burrard Street
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 1081 Burrard St.
- Start Date December 1, 2021
- End Date August 1, 2022
- Schedule Description One 24 hour shift weekly or biweekly plus weekend coverage 1 weekend day every 6 weeks.
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements On call maternity work, 24 hour shifts (some accommodations can be made if 12 hours shifts preferred)
- Qualifications Experience in maternity and intrapartum care Needs up to date NRP, ALARM and Fetal Health Surveillance
- Perks Collegial group Supportive place to work No overhead Innovative maternity ward, currently trying out some new models of care.
- EMR Cerner Powerchart (in hopsital), InputHealth (clinic)
- Community / Neighbourhood Downtown Vancouver, West End, Yaletown
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration $500-600 per half day clinic $1000/delivery/call shift
- Payment Terms No overhead, 100% of billings retained FFS in hospital and clinic work