St. Paul’s Maternity clinic is looking for physicians with an interest in low-risk obstetrics to work with their team. This is a new clinic which opened in 2018 and that is currently building their patient and physician roster. They currently do 24 hours of obstetrics call which includes a half day in person prenatal/postpartum clinic with a mix of in person and virtual visits. There is a session payment for the 1/2 day clinic, then fee for service for on call billings. They have a great group of 5 long-term physicians and are looking for more. Preference given for those willing to commit 1 year to the clinic, however, will allow for a 1-2 month trial period to ensure a good fit. Options open for people want to renew their obstetric skills through MC4BC. St. Paul’s Hospital Maternity Unit is a great place to deliver. It is a community hospital (for OB) in the heart of downtown Vancouver and you work with excellent nursing, obstetric and midwifery colleagues. Lots of great work being done by the maternity department including virtual prenatal classes, breastfeeding webinars etc. The department is responsive to feedback. This is an exciting opportunity, as the clinic is new, they are open to physicians who are wanting to look at new models of low-risk family-physician delivered obstetrical care. The clinic has support from the Department of Family Practice for group learning, quality improvement projects etc.
- Practice or Institution Name St. Pauls Maternity Clinic
- Street address 1081 Burrard St 5th Floor
- City Vancouver
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date January 15, 2021
- Schedule Description Open to a locum trial period
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- EMR Oscar
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration There is a session payment for the 1/2 day clinic, then fee for service for on call billings.
- Other Details For more information on this opportunity, please contact the Vancouver Division of Family Practice today!