Selkirk Medical Group in Revelstoke is looking for one or two physicians to provide locum coverage through the summer months (late June through early September). Locum responsibilities would include 1-2 ED shifts per week, one weekend of ED call coverage (2 shifts) every 3 weeks, 2-3 walk in shifts per week, booked clinic days, covering the task box of absent physicians, and hospital inpatient care (as needed). Obstetrical coverage is optional. Shorter locums are certainly available, or alternatively committing to the entire summer with a few weeks off during the locum could also be discussed.
Revelstoke is a community with 15 GPs working at the Selkirk Medical Group clinic. We have 24/7 GP-Anaesthesia and GP-Surgery coverage. We are more than happy to mentor or support new graduates for this locum (we are a rural residency site and frequently have residents return to do their first locum here). Our catchment is approximately 10,000 patients and our emergency department sees 6500 patients per year. Locum remuneration is based on a 70/30 split on all received billings. We do not qualify for the rural locum program (too big). Our community is an amazing spot to spend the summer. Recreational opportunities are abundant and ideally the locum workload will be such that locums can still have time to enjoy the town and surrounding area.
- Practice or Institution Name Selkirk Medical
- City Revelstoke
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 201 1 Street West, Revelstoke, BC, Canada
- Start Date June 21, 2021
- End Date September 10, 2021
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Rural
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements 1-2 emergency department shifts per week, 6-8 per month. Half the shifts would be overnight. 1 in 3 weekends (2 shifts over the weekend).
- Qualifications Rural emergency department experience required. Current ACLS, ATLS preferred.
- Work Environment www.selkirkmedicalgroup.ca
- EMR MedAccess
- Community / Neighbourhood https://seerevelstoke.com
- Compensation Fee for service
- Payment Terms 70/30 split on received billings