- Practice or Institution Name Northern Health
- City Terrace
- Specialty EMERGENCY MEDICINE
Northern Health is urgently seeking locum physicians to work in the Mills Memorial Hospital Emergency Department in Terrace, British Columbia.
The Department is covered by two physicians between 0800 and midnight, and by one physician overnight. Shifts are 8 hours in length and can be extended to 12 to 16 to suit locum needs.
Incentives are paid when a minimum of three (3) or more 8-hour shifts (or 24 hours of ER work in total) in a week. Shifts are remunerated at approximately $3000 / per 8-hour shift (slight variation depending on time of day).
Flights / mileage / accommodation are covered when a minimum of three (3) 8-hour shifts are worked within a week.
Mills Memorial Hospital has 24/7 XR and CT scanning, weekday MRI, weekday formal U/S, and a POCUS in the Emergency Department. The 5 bed ICU is adjacent to the ED providing easy access to IM/ ICU Physicians. We have excellent relationships with our specialist colleagues including Anaesthesia, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology, General Internal Medicine and Critical Care, Psychiatry, and Pediatrics in Terrace. We have a Mental Health Liaison Nurse from 9am to 9pm, and an Aboriginal Patient Liaison from 9am to 9pm. Mills Memorial Hospital is a regional centre and accepts transfers from across the Northwest.
Outside of work, you can enjoy the exceptional outdoor recreational activities offered by the Pacific Northwest. From mountain biking, hiking, paddling, fishing or trail running, there’s no shortage of outdoor opportunities in Terrace.
Easy access to Terrace at YXT with multiple flights in and out of Terrace on Air Canada and WestJet to Vancouver and Calgary. Central Mountain Air covers Terrace to PG, so very accessible. Hospital is 10 minutes from airport.
- Street address 4720 Haugland Ave
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 4720 Haugland Avenue, Terrace, BC, Canada
- Start Date July 18, 2023
- End Date January 31, 2024
- Location class Rural
- Perks Flights / mileage / accommodation are covered when a minimum of three (3) 8-hour shifts are worked within a week.
- EMR Cerner Power Chart
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Estimated Remuneration Shifts are remunerated at approximately $3000 / per 8-hour shift (slight variation depending on time of day).