The First Nations and Aboriginal Primary Care Network is a unique and exciting collaboration of the six First Nations and Aboriginal primary care clinics in greater Vancouver in the traditional territories of Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh and Squamish Nations.
Within this collaborative network one of the clinics focused on youth is looking for a physician(s) to join their clinical team either full-time or in a shared practice model. This is an exciting opportunity for the physician to establish a patient panel of 800 in accordance with the Ministry of Health primary care mandate and integrate practice within the First Nations & Aboriginal Primary Care Network.
The physician will work alongside the nurse practitioners and elders/traditional healers, as well as a variety of youth focused multi-disciplinary team members and MOA support staff within the context of the Aboriginal wellness model.
This well established youth centre delivers a variety of programs to over 6,500 urban Indigenous youth in Vancouver each year. Together with over 175 volunteers, 100 staff and more than 300 community partners, the youth centre is focused on training the leaders of tomorrow by helping Vancouver’s Indigenous youth explore their personal goals and develop their leadership skills in a fun, safe and healthy environment.
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for and are interested in joining the First Nations Aboriginal Primary Care Network and dedicated team we invite you to explore possibilities with us.
- Practice or Institution Name Urban Native Youth Association
- Street address 1618 E Hastings St
- City Vancouver
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 1618 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date January 15, 2021
- Schedule Description This position is open to 1.0FTE or can be broken into two 0.5FTE positions
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- Other Details For more information on this opportunity, please contact the Vancouver Division of Family Practice today!