- Practice or Institution Name Vancouver Aboriginal Health Society Medical Clinic
- City Vancouver
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Other Details We are hiring 1 regular physician for a 0.4 FTE (4 sessions per week) and multiple locum physicians.
The Vancouver Aboriginal Health Society (VAHS) Medical Clinic is currently looking for family physicians for both regular shifts and casual/locum shift coverage.
VAHS Medical Clinic provides indigenous primary care, OAT, mental health and HIV care in Vancouver’s Downtown East Side. The clinic serves families of all ages in the community, including children and well-baby care. It is located at 449 E. Hastings Street and is open from 9-5 Monday – Friday and 9-2 on Saturdays. We also have an evening clinic on Wednesdays until 8 pm for youth.
VAHS is an interdisciplinary team with elder, nursing, outreach, dietician, mental health counsellor and social work support. We have a robust cultural program with indigenous cultural events occurring almost daily for both clients and staff.
Payment is at the DoBC Sessional Payment rate, and shift lengths are from 3.5-7hrs, as per MD preference and availability. The clinic uses OSCAR EMR and uses a convenient online scheduling system for shift pick-ups/trades (MetricAid).
- Street address 449 East. Hastings
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 449 East Hastings
- Start Date September 1, 2021
- Schedule Description Shifts are 3.5 hours, from 9-12:30 or 1-4:30 daily. We have extended hours on Wednesdays until 8 pm for a youth clinic and are also open Saturdays from 9-2.
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements Rotating schedule between all clinicians to cover Saturday clinics (1 in 8 weeks) and weekly after hours on-call by phone in the same rotation (1 in 8 weeks).
- Qualifications A Medical Degree and eligibility for licensure, in good standing, with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia, as well as current Canadian Medical Protection Association, or equivalent, coverage. Eligibility for a faculty appointment with the University of British Columbia School of Medicine is required. Current Opiate Agonist Treatment prescriber exemption is ideal or willingness to obtain an exemption.
- Perks Physician payment is at the Doctors of BC Sessional Payment rate. We are fortunate to also offer a robust cultural program with Indigenous cultural events occurring almost daily for both clients and staff. You will be part of a dedicated interdisciplinary team including Elders, Knowledge Keepers, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and social workers. We also have an outreach time to assist hard to reach clients and support specialist appointments, labs and/or tests.
- Work Environment The practice is located on Vancouver's Downtown East Side. It is a supportive work environment with collegial clinicians and knowledgeable and kind MOA's. We also have an intake worker who greets patients and makes them feel comfortable and safe in the clinic. The exam rooms are all equipped with two computer screens and their own printer. We have access to ward stock medications that are not often covered by Pharmacare that we can dispense to patients.
- EMR Oscar
- Community / Neighbourhood Vancouver, Downtown East Side. Walking distance to coffee shops and cafes for lunch.
- Compensation Sessional
- Estimated Remuneration 512.32 per shift
- Payment Terms Doctors of BC Sessional rate and no overhead payments.