A clinic in Vancouver is looking for a locum physician this August. Currently, a collaborative group of eight family physicians and two nurse practitioners maintain their own rosters while also providing same-day access for each other’s patients on a rotating basis. Being one of a handful of clinics that are funded on a population-based funding model they offer a rare opportunity to escape the fee-for-service hamster-wheel. While remuneration overall is comparable to FFS, this funding allows for more rational care based on the burden of illness and provides the capacity for more time to be spent with those with more complex needs. Each shift/session is three hours in length of booked clinical time. The clinic has 13 exam rooms, including a procedure room, and physicians have access to two each during their shift. Appointments are typically 15-30 minutes in length. The clinic is easily accessible by transit on the 99-B-line, and there is secure bike storage available in the parkade.
- Practice or Institution Name Vancouver Family Practice Centre
- Street address 402-750 W Broadway
- City Vancouver
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 750 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Start Date August 2, 2021
- End Date August 6, 2021
- Schedule Description August 2-6
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Urban
- EMR Wolf
- Compensation Sessional
- Estimated Remuneration $500/Session
- Other Details For more information on this opportunity, please contact the Vancouver Division of Family Practice today!