The Bridge Medical Clinic located just south of Campbell River on Vancouver Island, is seeking a new family physician to replace one of four doctors, starting ideally in May of 2021.
Our clinic, created in 2012, literally bridges the two communities of Comox Valley and Campbell River, located right at the beautiful Oyster River. We provide medical services to a significant population in this semi-rural region between the two larger cities. We offer a full service family practice, with 6 day a week urgent care, a small procedural room, and pharmacy on site. We are a well-equipped and smooth functioning clinic, with four supportive MOA’s, dedicated billing staff, Oscar EMR and collegial colleagues, providing a much appreciated and needed service to our local community. We are also robustly set up for both virtual and in person appointments.
As we blend urgent walk in care with full service family practice, our collegial physicians can easily cross- cover each other, allowing excellent flexibility for time off, optional work in LTC, Maternity or ER, CME or part-time practice. Hospital privileges in either Campbell River or Comox hospitals is preferred but optional. There is a well-established stable patient panel to take over and an attractive overhead/ cost sharing arrangement.
Our local division of family practice is very active and are there to support transitioning and orientation to the community to both the practitioners and their families. They have created an informative video and web resource that gives a flavour of our region: https://divisionsbc.ca/campbell-river-district/practice-play
They also created a comprehensive physician welcome package with a wealth of information relevant to relocating here:
Feel free to reference our clinic website for more information: www.thebridgeclinic.ca
May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement (RSA) including:
Recruitment Incentive – $10,000; Fee Premium – 6.09%; Annual Flat Fee – $6,123; Rural CME starting at $2,200/annum in year 3&4 in community, increasing to a maximum of $4,400/annum after 4 years.
Situated on Discovery Passage at the mid-point of Vancouver Island’s east coast, Campbell River is a natural travel and distribution gateway, providing access by road, sea and air to northern Vancouver Island and coastal regions. Campbell River is the third largest city on Vancouver Island and is known as the “Salmon Capital of the World. The Campbell River environment is enriched by its own 22.5 km waterfront – a primary asset and major contributor to the area’s exceptional quality of life. Campbell River is easily accessible by highway, bus, and air service with a municipal airport located just 20 minutes from downtown. In Campbell River and the surrounding area you will find a relaxed attitude, friendly people and comparatively low housing costs. For further information view:
- Practice or Institution Name The Bridge Medical Clinic
- Street address 2207F Glenmore Road
- City Campbell River
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 2207 Glenmore Road, Campbell River, BC, Canada
- Start Date May 1, 2021
- End Date May 1, 2022
- Schedule Description Flexible! This is a unique hybrid family practice with walk-in shifts and regular appointments. Four hour Saturday shift required one in every five weekends. Hospital privileges/patients preferred but not mandatory. Schedule can be modified if the applicant wishes to pursue other family medicine specialty areas. Walk-in shifts are four hours (9-1,1-5) however can include evening shifts if desired.
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
- Location class Rural
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements If the candidate participates in inpatient care, shared 1 in 5 weekend call/rounds required. Secondary and tertiary back up mechanisms in place for hospital patients.
- Qualifications Standard licensing for Canadian Physicians , hospital inpatient care is preferred however not required.
- Perks The east coast of Vancouver Island is stunning. Miles of oceanfront with unlimited recreational activities. A coastal temperate climate leads to temperatures approximately 5° in the winter and 22° in the summer. Mt. Washington ski area located 30 min away boasts amazing downhill and cross country opportunities. Probably the greatest Staff - ever! Collaborative work environment, no politics. Extremely collegial colleagues practising holistic patient care. 30/70 overhead with incentives on higher billings. Flexible work schedule. Excellent cross coverage for guilt free holidays. Comparatively low real estate prices for Vancouver Island. Two regional airports (Campbell River (YBL), Comox (YQQ)) offer direct flights to Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Puerto Vallarta. Harbour to harbour flights from Comox to Vancouver. In clinic pharmacy. Exceptional procedural room Campbell river/Courtenay hospitals provide general surgery/endoscopic, orthopedics, urology, pediatrics, OBGYN, ENT, IM and ICU services.
- Work Environment You will be working with three other physicians and 3 to 4 MOAs. Several other physicians provide extended walk in services. Two dedicated walk-in rooms and your own personal office/exam room. Well equipped procedural room. Free parking. Fast Wi-Fi. Local complex has grocery store, gift/flower store, and pizza/coffee.
- EMR OSCAR EMR with fast and comprehensive IT support
- Community / Neighbourhood Variety of ocean-front and freshwater sandy beaches. Cycling/mountain bike trails coastal, Forest, Mountain. Hiking trails – ocean front/temperate rainforest/mountainous/river. Kayaking. Sailing. Downhill skiing/x country skiing 30 minutes away. Golf –#1 Public course in BC, Brand new executive course hosting BC amateurs. Ocean fishing (salmon capital of the world), crabbing, prawning. 50 freshwater lakes within 50 km for canoeing/trout. Beautiful coastal rivers. Growing small cities with amazing food, local wines, and performing arts. Island hopping.
- Compensation Fee for service
- Estimated Remuneration 30/70 with incentives for higher billings. If you choose to remain permanent you will have an established practice in place. This qualifies for extensive chronic care/complex care billing. Full time equivalent income range 250K-350K after OH.
- Payment Terms 30/70 on first 20K 10/90 thereafter 100% private billings
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums You may be eligible for additional renumeration in accordance with the rural subsidiary agreement including: Recruitment incentive $10,000. Fee premium 6.09%. Rural CME starting at $2200/Annum.