- Practice or Institution Name Northern Health
- City Vanderhoof
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
The Anesthesia Group in Vanderhoof is offering a locum opportunity to provide coverage from:
November 18th – 25th
December 23rd – January 2nd
December 29th to January 6th
Join an outstanding medical community and be a part of a progressive team at St. John’s Hospital in Vanderhoof, the geographical centre of British Columbia.
Durations: VERY FLEXIBLE and open to discussion. For ease of scheduling, we do prefer visits of at least 1 week in duration.
Anesthesia Contract payment model has recently been implemented for the Vanderhoof Group, providing superior compensation from the fee-for-service model. Our previous locums have come through the RGPALP. You will have the option to have your clinical services paid via our contract or RGPALP.
Travel and accommodation will be covered by RGPALP regardless of whether you decide to have your clinical services paid by our contract or RGPALP.
This team of FPs and FP specialists work in a collaborative team to support each other in clinical and academic activities to provide the best level of patient care in the North. This opportunity would be excellent for a new graduate seeking rural experience because of the added benefit and support of GP specialists and technology that most rural hospitals do not have.
St. John Hospital is a 24 acute care bed and eight bassinet facility with a staff base of 180. The St. John’s Hospital services include:
• Operating room 5 days/week, with GP-Surgery and GP-Anesthesia Support
• Endoscopy Services
• Maternity and Obstetric Services
• Emergency Services with GP Surgery and GP Anesthesia backup
• 24/7 Lab, X-ray
• GP run community oncology program
• Cardiac Stress Testing program
St. John Hospital is a teaching facility for the University of Northern British Columbia and UBC, with a regular rotation of students and residents. Services that are operated on an outpatient basis from the St. John Hospital & nearby Health Unit include:
• Public Health Services
• Mental Health Services
• Occupational therapy
• Home Care
• Dietician Services
St. John Hospital is also home to Stuart Nechako Manor, an attached long term care facility equipped with a hospice bed.
Visiting specialists to the hospital include: General internist, orthopaedics, ENT, plastics, geriatrics, psychiatry, pediatrics, and physiatry.
Vanderhoof is a tight-knit community, and supports a population of approximately 10,000 people, including in-town and nearby rural communities. While forestry, agriculture, and tourism are major economic drivers, it’s growing industry of mining is rapidly increasing the population, as well as the demand on health services. Vanderhoof offers a vibrant arts and culture scene, sports and recreation opportunities for all ages, and endless lakes and trail systems within minutes of town. Affordable housing prices, a variety of educational facilities from elementary to college level, and it’s proximity to Prince George make Vanderhoof one of the most desirable Northern B.C. communities to join.
St. John Hospital
3255 Hospital Rd
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
- Street address 3255 Hospital Road
- Country Canada
- Province/State British Columbia
- Map 3255 Hospital Road, Vanderhoof, BC, Canada
- Start Date June 9, 2023
- End Date January 15, 2024
- Schedule Description Dates are FLEXIBLE and open to discussion.
- Location class Rural
- Qualifications REQUISITES: - Anesthesia - Canadian College of Family Practitioners (CCFP) - Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) - Full College of Physicians of BC (CPSBC) License
- Perks All travel expenses including flights and meals will be reimbursed by the Locums of Rural BC.
- Compensation Combined or Other Payment Models
- Payment Terms Vanderhoof FP Anesthesia physicians have recently transitioned to an APP FP Anesthesia Contract model hence increased remuneration. Locum Physicians can decide whether or not to be reimbursed the daily rate or FPA APP contract rate.
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Shift Rate through RGPALP $1,211 MOCAP $678 Rural Retention Premium 21.14% Travel Time Honorarium $250-1,500