- Practice or Institution Name TELUS Health Mycare
- City Toronto
- Specialty FAMILY MEDICINE
Family Health Group (Union Clinic, Toronto, ON) – TELUS Health MyCare
TELUS Health MyCare Union clinic at 25 York St., Toronto, is looking for several Family Medicine Physicians to join a network of other physicians as part of a Family Health Group situated in the heart of the financial district of downtown Toronto. The state-of-the-art building is attached to Union Station with easy access to public transportation, Go train, and the QEW with convenient parking facilities. The location offers a wide range of amenities and services, restaurants, theaters, cafe and shopping concourses that can coincide with clinic appointments.
The clinic is professionally managed to provide the highest quality service with advanced technology, EMR, and telemedicine capabilities thereby improving efficiency and patient care. Access to after-hours care will be available through the physician network. An experienced administrative team and medical office assistants will support daily reception coverage, scheduling, billing, and patient flow. Exam rooms are fully stocked, equipped, bright and spacious.
The ability to work from home in combination with onsite treatment provides flexibility and work-life balance. Real-time access to clinic physicians, other family physicians, and pharmacists provides opportunities for collaboration, professional growth, and development. Patients can conveniently MyCare therapists and dieticians virtually through the MyCare app.
- Independent Practice Certificate of Registration from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Membership in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- US-trained specialists are exempt from The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons eligibility requirements (US Board Certified Physicians are eligible for an independent license in Ontario) through Pathway A.
- Internationally trained candidates who pass the subspecialty exam being launched by the CPSO (College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario) will be considered through the Exam Eligible Route.
- Medical liability insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) or equivalent required, appropriate to the category of practice
- Willingness to attach a minimum of 650 patients as a roster to join the FHG model
- Team player willing to participate in after-hours service as required
Additional Features & Remuneration:
- Competitive financial model with enhanced FFS billing through the FHG model
- Competitive overhead sliding scale starting at 90/10% with negotiable future arrangement (covers rent, office insurance, equipment & supplies, EMR, internet, Chromebook, staff & IT support, billing services)
- Income guarantee up to $20k per month against billings (based on a 5 weekly working days schedule) OR a guaranteed net $130/hr
- Relocation and immigration support for international candidates from approved jurisdictions up to $15,000, 3-month rental support
- $10,000 signing retention bonus for a 3-day per week commitment, payable upon contract execution for Canadian physicians completing FM residency, currently practicing or relocating from other provinces
- CME education/training fund annually of $1,000 for a 3-day commitment
- Billing mentorship to optimize and maximize FFS billing
TELUS Health is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair practices, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
- Street address 25 York Street
- Country Canada
- Province/State Ontario
- Map 25 York Street, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Schedule Description The new attached model, which will function in parallel to our existing episodic service, offers physicians on this team an option to spend at least 1-to-2 days per week in our TELUS Health MyCare Union clinic, and 2-to-3 days per week providing virtual care from home (total minimum commitment is 3-to-4 days per week).
- Location class Urban
- On-Call/After Hour Requirements As per the Family Health Group model
- Qualifications You need to be a registered Family Physician eligible to work in ON, licensure with the College of Family Physicians of Ontario, membership of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Perks $10,000 Signing-Retention Bonus for a 3 days a week commitment paid upfront CME Education/ Training fund $1000/year for physicians working minimum 3 days a week Internal career opportunities: Physician leads, Medical Directors, Occupational Health, leadership opportunities Billing mentorship to optimise and maximise your OHIP billings
- Work Environment Full Support for Your Practice Exceptional administrative support (specialist referrals, reception, liaison with patients) Part of a larger after-hours group of physicians 1-2 days in-clinic per week Ability to work from home, flexibility & work-life balance MOA support No clinic or operational management required We will help you to build your roster
- EMR Longitudinal care record tracking through TELUS proprietary EMR (CHR) a complete cloud-based digital health solution offering: Full EMR functionality (scheduling, billing, prescriptions, labs, encounter notes) Patient engagement tools Automation and data optimization
- Community / Neighbourhood Conveniently located in the downtown Financial District Close proximity to Union station, shopping complex, cafes restaurants and other services
- Compensation Fee for service
- Payment Terms FHG model- Enhanced Fee For Service Competitive overhead sliding scale starting at 90/10% with negotiable future arrangement (covers rent, office insurance, equipment & supplies, EMR, internet, Chromebook, staff & IT support, billing services)
- Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums Income guarantee up to $20k per month against billings (based on a 5 weekly working days schedule) OR a guaranteed net $130/hr